Reviews and Awards for Case Blue

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Templer_12

Reviews and Awards for Case Blue

Post by Templer_12 »

Out of Eight
Out of Eight Reviews

Well, 6 out of 8, like Gary Grigsby's War in the East.
ORIGINAL: Out of Eight
...and the handful of unique features makes it stand out in the genre.
The Red Baron

RE: Reviews and Awards for Case Blue

Post by The Red Baron »

Thanks for posting. I like to read Out of Eight reviews to get a good feel for games in which I am interested.
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

ORIGINAL: Templer

Here we go:
Out of Eight Reviews

Well, 6 out of 8, like Gary Grigsby's War in the East.
ORIGINAL: Out of Eight
...and the handful of unique features makes it stand out in the genre.

I sometimes don t like this guys reviews. If he is giving this game the same mark as WiTE then he is way off base. Much like everyone else with WiTE he reviewed it at a very cosmetic level and before all the issues came to light. I think sometimes he leaps to judgement just to get a review ut quickly.

I mean he says - large scale means "tedious" unit management. Thats not an issue with the game - its a feature of the genre. Most of us who play these games actually dont see it as "tedious" at all. In fact "unit management" is what the games is essentially all about.
Cybertran

Post by Cybertran »

Though it's in french, there was a nice review in july on la Gazette du wargamer. I can't put a direct link, but if you need you'll find it easily on wargamer.fr .
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

GamersHall.de

A great 88% and the silver award from GamersHall.de

GamersHall Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue Review

Google translation:

Conclusion:

"Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue" comes up with a lot of new features and improvements that enhance the gaming experience compared to the acclaimed predecessor again considerably.
We are dealing here with a winner, no doubt!
Distinctive profile the game receives mainly due to the innovative, yet not seen, high command system commands, which contributes greatly to the immersion, and in conjunction with the action cards can pay almost RPG feelings.
An object of criticism, however, is still awkward in some respects control.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Finish review from dome.fi:
http://dome.fi/pelit/arvostelut/decisiv ... -case-blue

google translate: "Overall, the Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue is a big step forward for Advanced Tactics: Gold from. Carried out in a more rational division of troops and supplies, the effects of individual commanders, simplified navigation and more cunning artificial intelligence make it a truly hefty package. I recommend a game to anyone who has not yet fed up a World War II strategy games."

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ricodc

Post by ricodc »

really like the look of this but overspent this month on games so wait for payday
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Jim Cobb
Vic

Post by Vic »

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Boores

Post by Boores »

http://estrategasdesillon.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/decisive-campaings-case-blue-estrategia.html

From my blog, but in spanish. There is a gadget with Microsoft translator.

Cheers,
Alfonso Nuñez, estrategasdesillon staff

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”