Mouse problem.....

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

fabertong

Mouse problem.....

Post by fabertong »

Speedy and I are having prblems with our game.......or to be more specific.....I am.

My mouse has struggled to scroll for some time now in game.......and now it just freezes after a few minutes of sticky scrolling.

Speedy and I are running the same patch. His computer is not having a problem.

I have two other PBEMs on the go and they are not effected......mouse behaves as per normal.....also same patch.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

D.
wdolson

RE: Mouse problem.....

Post by wdolson »

I bet you have a multi-core processor. This sort of behavior can happen with multi-core processors. Sometimes it may be the processor itself, other times it is the graphics card interacting badly with the multi-core processor.

There are a number of command line keys you can add to make the program only use one core. Depending on the computer, different things are affected, so there are different keys for different things. Use the -cpu# (where # is the number of one of your cores 1-x) to always run in single core mode. If you aren't seeing any strangeness with turn processing, use -SingleCpuOrders to just run single core during the orders entry. If you don't specify a -cpu# also, it will default to the 1st core.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
fabertong

Post by fabertong »

Thanks Bill......will try....

Any Idea why it would effect one game and not the two others?

Love your Sig........If I did the calculations as far as time playing WitP vs cost.....I think it is more or less free.......

D.
Miller

Post by Miller »

ORIGINAL: fabertong

Thanks Bill......will try....

Any Idea why it would effect one game and not the two others?

Love your Sig........If I did the calculations as far as time playing WitP vs cost.....I think it is more or less free.......

D.

Free but very painful [;)]

Return to “Tech Support”