Demo version

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

Toby42

RE: Demo version

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: TPM

ORIGINAL: jconner

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

Sorry gentlemen, I feel a demo is a waste of time. Here's why, obviously to me and I'm thinking a lot of other folks also, we've already seen the videos, read the AARs, and witnessed the reactions of the posters that have purchased and played the game. There seems no doubt this game is a winner.....and for $30...please,[8|] a little deductive reasoning dictates the purchase and future support of this new engine.

How on earth do you know what others like?
How on earth do you know how others should spend their money?

And to the developers; stop using your lame "we're just a small team" excuse. Jobs and Wozniak wouldn't need a few months to release a demo...seriously. And what's up with the most requested feature of all: undo? Why does that need to take months too? Why don't you just admit that the game is not selling well and not worth your full attention anymore. [8|]

What the heck is this?

Two posts and both of them show his intellect!!! Trolling [:-]
Tony
TPM

Post by TPM »

A demo would be nice, but honestly, with all the Youtube stuff, reviews, forums, etc., it just doesn't seem necessary. I'm not saying emphatically that all of you who want a demo are wrong, I'm just saying that in my opinion, it's possible to learn a lot about this game by reading all the info about it. I bought the game after careful consideration, and it turned out to be basically what I expected from my online "research"...I didn't think, "Man, sure wish I had the demo of this, I would have known more about it"...
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Well, to be fair you can't get any better than hands on - however I understand why companies don't want to give demos out - they can be as damaging as they can be beneficial.
Alba gu' brath
TPM

Post by TPM »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Well, to be fair you can't get any better than hands on - however I understand why companies don't want to give demos out - they can be as damaging as they can be beneficial.

True, reading about a game is not the same as actually playing it, but I still think in this case you can get by without the demo for the reasons stated by myself and others...either way, having a demo is always nice. And yeah, I totally understand why companies don't do demos...although you may get a couple more sales out of it, you might lose a bunch as well...

All that being said, as far as this game is concerned, in my opinion, it is absolutely worth $30...if you buy this thinking you're getting War in the East, or on the other side, Risk, then you deserve to lose your money. Read about it, see how it plays, then make the decision.
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

There's a demo available, just sayin' [;)]

Unity 0f Command Demo

Return to “Unity of Command Series”