1st Panzer scenarios---Replacement Cards question

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Hack022_slith

1st Panzer scenarios---Replacement Cards question

Post by Hack022_slith »

Enjoyed WtP and liking the way this game is going as well, thanks Vic.

Question in this scenario. When I buy the replacement cards, the description says they go to OKH. As OKH is not an HQ in these scenarios does that mean that this is a waste of PP as I'll never see these replacements, or that eventually OKH will allocate them or some part there of to 1st panzer(I it's the latter then see observation below).

I've played numerous replacement cards, and played over 3/4s of the scenario and haven't seen an influx of units beyond what you normally see (cards gave me 9200 inf and 60 tanks on the first 3 turns) I've looked at the in and out's of First panzer each turn and don't see any of the tank types in it's roster nor anything more than a couple of hundred infantry.

What should I expect?

Thanks,

Tony
ComradeP

RE: 1st Panzer scenarios---Replacement Cards question

Post by ComradeP »

They don't seem to work.

The supply and oil cards work, though, and oil is a good investment.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

They don't seem to work.

The supply and oil cards work, though, and oil is a good investment.

Yes 1PZA replacements... its a confirmed bug. Actually the biggest bug found so far.

Laying last hand on the upcoming patch as we speak.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
currycook

Post by currycook »

Having this same trouble, but perhaps I am overlooking something since I am new and new to the game. But I cannot seem to play a card and get a unit in the 1st Panzer scenario. I am guessing it was fixed since this post was from so long ago. But ...
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Have you downloaded the latest patch? Or are you playing the game as is (out of the box)?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
currycook

Post by currycook »

I thought I did download the last patch. I may try it again. - I did try again and it said I was up to date for patch.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Did you start the game with a version before the patch?

Cause changes to scenarios in progress don´t always get changed. However a newly started scenario might not have the bug...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
currycook

Post by currycook »

Thanks for your help, I am up to date. So not sure what the issue is. When I select the card it says in read, cannot play card. I really enjoy in learning the game the smaller scenario's and right now I wish there were more of the smaller scenario's. Still and excellent game.
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

Just a really silly question, and I apologise in advance if it is silly, but do you actually have enough points to play the card you want, as that is the same message you get when you dont have enough prestige points. Apologies again if it is a silly question, just thought it was worth checking.
Vic

Post by Vic »

You might have to select an actual viable hex in the popup window before the card can be played. Probably a town with rail connection to 1st panzer army. Viable hexes should be shaded gray.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”