DC: Warsaw to Paris Public Beta v1.50c Available

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Andrew Loveridge

DC: Warsaw to Paris Public Beta v1.50c Available

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi All,

We have a new update in the works, that includes a number of fixes and improvements. You can find it in the Members Club. Please try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Edit 7/30 -This has been updated and includes fixes to the bugs found so far.

v1.50c – July 30, 2012
Fixes
    1.Crash during AI Strategic Transfers. 2.The Editor Add SFType bug.
v1.50b – July 16, 2012
Fixes and Improvements
    1. Full scenario editor including allowing any modder or scenario designer to implement any of the rules introduced in DC: Case Blue, for example: logistical centers, air supply missions or artillery stockpiles. 2. Divisional highlighting mode added (highlight all parts of the same division) 3. Ability to change zoom level while giving an order 4. Mouse-wheel zoom support 5. HQ highlighting mode added (highlights all units under a certain HQ) 6. HQ power radius mode added 7. Artillery radius and Aircraft intercept radius mode added 8. HQ Counters are almost always brought to top of stack 9. More selection popup windows with more information 10. Ability to hide a lot of the bottom interface window and show more of the map 11. Some graphics speed optimizations 12. A lot of small bugs fixed 13. A lot of small improvements to the interface 14. New rewritten AI for DC:Case Blue also made available in the Editor of DC1. Plus a trial Poland39 scenario for use with this DC2AI added for testing.
Alikchi2

RE: DC: Warsaw to Paris Public Beta v1.05 Available

Post by Alikchi2 »

This is excellent, thank you!

Before I try though, I am wondering - will this break my ongoing PBEM or other save games?
PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Great news - thanks Vic [&o]

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Vic

Post by Vic »

In theory no. But i am not 100% sure to be honest.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

Vic, I have tried the patch. The scroll speed seems better but it is still not as smooth as in my other games. Also, with new patch I'm having CTD at the end of the turn and at the beginning of Int Strategic Transfer phase (see screenshot). Never happened before.

Attachments
CTD.gif
CTD.gif (232.04 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

@emir,

Yes this is a public beta so I am expecting to catch a few bugs before making it the official patch. Thanks for reporting the first one.

As for the scrolling speed... I spent quite some time on optimizing the code again and the drawing process here, but this is the best you can expect. At least it improved somewhat for you. Although i am sorry to here your still not happy.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

@emir,

Yes this is a public beta so I am expecting to catch a few bugs before making it the official patch. Thanks for reporting the first one.

As for the scrolling speed... I spent quite some time on optimizing the code again and the drawing process here, but this is the best you can expect. At least it improved somewhat for you. Although i am sorry to here your still not happy.

Best,
Vic

Vic, I didn't say that I was not happy. Previously it was annoying to the point where I decided not to play. Now, it is better and playable. It's not smooth as I would like it to be but at least it scrolls faster.

Now, I just have to wait for few bugs to be squeezed before start campaigning across Europe. [:)]
Vic

Post by Vic »

-deleted-
-never mind already found the bug-
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I am amazed how quick you got this beta out. With that in mind, when creating a new SFT type, getting an error on missing png file. So I created a folder and file, but still not working ideally.

Thanks though. I guess you don't take any vacations [;)]
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Getting same error....looks like the file path has several forward slashes in it.

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (33.47 KiB) Viewed 429 times
AKA "Juggalo"
Vic

Post by Vic »

Also Emir and Treale found a bug with the AI phase. (this might be worked around by setting a game to 'not watch AI moves' )

@Tail,
Thanks for reporting this too. This should also be an issue in Case Blue editor. So good double catch.

We'll get this baby stabelized pretty soon.

best,
Vic
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Thanks to you for releasing the editor. It seems well designed and very versatile.

One question before I dive in....I see where you can edit the Ratio for Subformation Types.

Can the game engine handle a 1:1 ratio? I would use squads for infantry..and 1:1 for vehicles and guns..

Would this work in the game?
AKA "Juggalo"
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: TAIL_GUNNER

Thanks to you for releasing the editor. It seems well designed and very versatile.

One question before I dive in....I see where you can edit the Ratio for Subformation Types.

Can the game engine handle a 1:1 ratio? I would use squads for infantry..and 1:1 for vehicles and guns..

Would this work in the game?

If you change the ratio you will also have the show the qty of troops in all units on the map and off-map (predef units). Its a lot of work (although it might be done quickly by making an EDITOR event)

Best,
Vic
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

A new version 1.50c Beta has been put in the Members Club with the noted bugs fixed,
and the original post updated. [:)]
Vic

Post by Vic »

Any further feedback on v1.50c is welcome.

If all runs well please also report.

best,
Vic
Templer_12

RE: DC: Warsaw to Paris Public Beta v1.50c Available

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Hi All,

We have a new update in the works, that includes a number of fixes and improvements. You can find it in the Members Club. Please try it out and let us know how it works for you.

v1.50b – July 16, 2012
Fixes and Improvements
    12. [b]A lot of small bugs fixed[/b]
I had to choose between Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris and the expansion to Gary Grigsby's War in the East.

For me, Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue has made ​​so much fun I decided for Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris. And now I must read this.

I'm very disappointed.
All those years many small bugs stand in the game?
No one has cared about these bugs since the release date?
PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Hi Vic

Still on the learning curve for the game so maybe not pushing the game engine too hard but, so far, haven't managed to break 1.50c. Really think the UI improvements work well.

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Vic

Post by Vic »

@templer,

small bugs and glitches, not real (game breaking) bugs.

and yes with complex games with relatively low player counts some complicated bugs or issues only show after months and months.

however we just keep patching. just like happened now.

i hope you appreciate the support of older titles. :)

Best,
vic
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Templar,

This is nothing to be "disappointed" about, check the forums for here for DC:WtP...not much in the way of bug reports or complaints by us long time DC owners (compare this to the level of reports and complaints in just about any other forum here or elsewhere...). There will always be bugs...always. You should instead take into consideration that Vic is still working on this older title and has back ported some of the excellent UI features of his new title (as well as squishing bugs that were not even noticed or reported by the game owners)....to me that is above and beyond what should be expected of a dev.
Kind Regards,

Harry
Templer_12

Count on it. I appreciate!

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

@templer,

small bugs and glitches, not real (game breaking) bugs.

and yes with complex games with relatively low player counts some complicated bugs or issues only show after months and months.

however we just keep patching. just like happened now.

i hope you appreciate the support of older titles. :)

Best,
vic
As you can bet on it!
One more reason to trust VR design and purpose to spend my money with a good feeling.

And by the way, Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is not an old title.
It's so so great to play as if it were only realeased yesterday.
Your Decisive Campaigns series is a great system. [;)]

Maybe I install my Advanced Tactics gold once again and try again to get on it (again).

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”