Modifying Counter Color

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Vic

Hoyt Burrass

Modifying Counter Color

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

Is it possible to modify counter color, not the HQ grouping color, but the color of the counters themselves...I'm not really fond of the deep purple Guards color and would like to modify it...if it is possible, please point me to the file that needs modification, I've been unable to locate it thus far.

Thanks in Advance, and thanks to redmarkus4, and krupp for their works so far, and to Vic for his support of the modding community.[&o]
Roll Tide
SteveD64

RE: Modifying Counter Color

Post by SteveD64 »

Yeah, I was looking to do the same thing. I prefer flatter colors. I couldn't find any counters in any of the files.
Vic

Post by Vic »

You have to change them in the scenario file. Base colors can be changed in regime window, some colors can be changed in people window and to make matters more complex some color adjustments can be changed in the historical units window.

I'll consider the subject for an editor tutorial.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Gents. Please post examples of the counter colors you like (maybe from other games) and I will mod them for you in the Fall Blau scenario we are working on now.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Yes, those look good.

I was thinking maybe:

1. The Grey for the Wehrmacht
2. Light Brown for the Soviets
3. Your Red for Guards units
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Cool.

[:)]
Hoyt Burrass

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

I'm a fan of MMP/The Gamers OCS series...here is what it looks like they use (in CMYK)

Russian 18 35 73 0 (they use an orange red for guards...I like the Red mentioned above)
Wermacht 20 16 26 0
Italian 35 0 20 3
Rumanian 18.5 0 100 18.5
Hungarian 60 27 20 0
Cossack (Ost Truppen) 0 0 30 0

Roll Tide
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

The Wehrmacht should likely to be lighter gray!
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

OK, editing the color scheme is non-trivial. 50% is done in the Editor but the Army and Korps colors (which need to match the base color) are edited by the player in game mode. So far, I can't see a place to edit those in the Editor.

This means that I can only Mod the basic colors and recommend changes to be made by the players. Also, if playing the AI, you can't edit the colors of the other side...
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

While you're modding the colors any chance you can also mod the NATO symbols to correctly depict the unit type within the Divisions?
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I figured how to mod the colors fully in the Editor, so players won't need to make any changes to the HQ schema, although they still can if they wish.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

While you're modding the colors any chance you can also mod the NATO symbols to correctly depict the unit type within the Divisions?

Please post a graphic explaining exactly what it is you're looking for.
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

I simply would like all Regiments to have the NATO symbol that represents their type and not the NATO symbol of their Division. At high resolutions and zoom the "A" and "Pz" can be hard to see.

This would depict:

Infantry Divisions with three Regiments with the Infantry NATO symbol and one Regiment with the Artillery NATO symbol and Mechanized Infantry Regiments within an Armor Division to have a Mechanized Infantry NATO symbol instead of the Armor NATO symbol and so forth . It sounds like from what Vic has said that it is a matter of changing the designation of the units in the Editor. So for instance, every unit with an A designating it as Artillery would have its NATO symbol changed from its Divisional type to the actual NATO Artillery symbol. Not sure how to depict this graphically.

krupp_88mm

Post by krupp_88mm »

I simply would like all Regiments to have the NATO symbol that represents their type and not the NATO symbol of their Division. At high resolutions and zoom the "A" and "Pz" can be hard to see.

This would depict:

Infantry Divisions with three Regiments with the Infantry NATO symbol and one Regiment with the Artillery NATO symbol and Mechanized Infantry Regiments within an Armor Division to have a Mechanized Infantry NATO symbol instead of the Armor NATO symbol and so forth . It sounds like from what Vic has said that it is a matter of changing the designation of the units in the Editor. So for instance, every unit with an A designating it as Artillery would have its NATO symbol changed from its Divisional type to the actual NATO Artillery symbol. Not sure how to depict this graphically.

I think I could easily change this, but it will have to wait till maybe weekend or next week, unless someone else wants to do it.
Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Go for it!
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

ORIGINAL: krupp_88mm

This would depict:

I think I could easily change this, but it will have to wait till maybe weekend or next week, unless someone else wants to do it.

That would be much appreciated. You and Redmarkus are really great assets for this game and the efforts of both of you are outstanding. If you could do this anytime next week I would be thrilled. Just don't skip jury duty and get in trouble.[:-]
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I figured how to mod the colors fully in the Editor, so players won't need to make any changes to the HQ schema, although they still can if they wish.

CLARIFICATION

Unit colors are set inside each scenario by the scenario designer or by a modder. OUR MAP MODS WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR UNIT COUNTERS - ONLY EDITED SCENARIOS CAN DO THIS. New unit colors inside one edited scenario have zero effect on the colors in your other scenarios.

When playing the game, a player can ALSO edit the HQ and Sub-unit group colors (the little stripe on the left of each unit) as they wish.
Hoyt Burrass

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

Redmarkus, could you give a brief "how to" on changing counter colors...I've had no luck sorting it out in the editor.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your modding efforts
Roll Tide
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

OK...

First, to change the background color for a whole Regime (e.g. Soviets etc.) select Regime from the Editor menu and click the button shown here. Your color chart will pop up and you choose the desired color.

Attachments
Editcolors1.jpg
Editcolors1.jpg (193.45 KiB) Viewed 258 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”