Suggestions for next update

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Templer_12

RE: Suggestions / requests:

Post by Templer_12 »

Suggestions / requests:

- The Russians should have bonuses in wintertime.
We say in the later years of the war in any case!
Mark Hemns

Post by Mark Hemns »

I had the same problem with misplaced moves during beta testing although the problem does tend to go away as you get used to the interface.
I always switch on the Autosave option, so that at worse you only lose the turn you are on if you make a mistake.
ORIGINAL: ashenz

If you decide to implement 'undo' function, please prevent it from being used as cheating tool.

That is why an Undo function was rejected when it was suggested in beta testing.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

Suggestions / requests:
- If you click to cycle the regiments in the info bar then the corresponding regiment counter on the map shout jump in front of the stack an the map!
krupp_88mm

RE: Is this here the right place?

Post by krupp_88mm »

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

I don't think Speed is overpowered, it's not like you get another full move. It generally allows you to move 1 or 2 extra hexes. As the duration of attacks depend on AP's, it's not a powerful offensive tool either because if you can attack again using it, it will be a short fight.
Your right, i guess i used the wrong terminology. I dont really think its overpowered, as much as it is a little cheese, with resigning units to an hq to play another card on them, i know it lowers readiness. But it seems when you reassign a unit you shouldn't be able to play any cards on it the first turn of reassignment. Or something like that. I do however find myself using the speed card more than any other card though. Because the nature of the game outmaneuvering is the way to go over fighting.

I dont know if requiring a delay for the card to be played a round is good, because it might be hard to remember which units you played the card on. If there was a unit marker that could highlight units with active speed or other bonus' than i dont think it would be a terrible idea, because it would increase the strategic planning. But other than that it might be more annoying.
Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: krupp_88mm
ORIGINAL: ComradeP

I don't think Speed is overpowered, it's not like you get another full move. It generally allows you to move 1 or 2 extra hexes. As the duration of attacks depend on AP's, it's not a powerful offensive tool either because if you can attack again using it, it will be a short fight.
Your right, i guess i used the wrong terminology. I dont really think its overpowered, as much as it is a little cheese, with resigning units to an hq to play another card on them, i know it lowers readiness. But it seems when you reassign a unit you shouldn't be able to play any cards on it the first turn of reassignment. Or something like that. I do however find myself using the speed card more than any other card though. Because the nature of the game outmaneuvering is the way to go over fighting.

I dont know if requiring a delay for the card to be played a round is good, because it might be hard to remember which units you played the card on. If there was a unit marker that could highlight units with active speed or other bonus' than i dont think it would be a terrible idea, because it would increase the strategic planning. But other than that it might be more annoying.

I am considering making it impossible for any HQ to play any cards after you assign new units to it.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

I would like to be able to cancel movement orders using the hotkeys (G and M) instead of using Escape. Clicking on M to select a movement order then clicking on M again to cancel the order. It's a little thing but would make life easier.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

I am considering making it impossible for any HQ to play any cards after you assign new units to it.

Wait, permanently or just for one turn?

I like the idea (for one turn).
jack54

Suggestions/requests

Post by jack54 »

I would love to see a hotkey that displays (approximate) TOTAL HEX Strength 'offensive' or 'defensive'. It would be much easier than; spread units, change to silhouetts, add up units!

I'm new to this but it seems like a nice system so far! :-)
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Templer_12

Suggestions/requests

Post by Templer_12 »

Suggestions / requests:

- Blizzards. Visibility less than 10 yards.
SteveD64

RE: Suggestions/requests

Post by SteveD64 »

Hotkey to turn HQ power on and off, please.

[:)]
Scouseair68

Post by Scouseair68 »

Well I haven't got CB yet, still in the "Just Married" phase with WtP (Wife is not happy after a couple all nighters!!). I AM getting CB as soon as money allows, no waiting for a sale/demo this time. I regret too much the time I could have spent with WtP already. But having been reading the forums hungry for news I can mention a couple things.

Could it be possible to have an undo just for movement, but not possible if you have engaged in combat or been ambushed? You'd also have to disallow undo if you sighted previously unseen enemy units, to prevent it being used for recon.

I love the idea of a tooltip or something to define composition of air units from a list as suggested above.

Having Katyushas standing toe to toe with frontline units doesn't sit right with me. Or being one shot wonders. I think the idea of making them 2 hex range like regular artillery would be more realistic in game terms, even if it fudges the realistic range a bit, to keep the spirit of the weapon (can't recall the range off the top of my head).

Congrats on another hit Vic. WtP is the best computer wargame I have ever played and I can't wait to get my hands on Case Blue.
Templer_12

Suggestions / requests

Post by Templer_12 »

Suggestions / requests:

If you zoom with your mouse wheel, the zoom should center around your mouse pointer.
The way it works actually is a total catastrophe. [:(]
krupp_88mm

Post by krupp_88mm »

ORIGINAL: Templer

Suggestions / requests:
If you zoom with your mouse wheel, the zoom should center around your mouse pointer.
+1..

This would make life especially easier for me, since with my widescreen i cant zoom in anywhere except center becaseu i cant move the sides off the map..

Templar is a good critique'r, his advice is solid.
Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k
Scouseair68

Post by Scouseair68 »

OK, couldn't wait any longer....just bought Case Blue as well. I have a very wonderful and understanding wife. [:D]
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

ORIGINAL: Scouseair68

OK, couldn't wait any longer....just bought Case Blue as well. I have a very wonderful and understanding wife. [:D]

Treat that woman well![;)]
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
Templer_12

RE: Deselection

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: CLEVELAND

I would like to be able to cancel movement orders using the hotkeys (G and M) instead of using Escape. Clicking on M to select a movement order then clicking on M again to cancel the order. It's a little thing but would make life easier.
I use the space tab. Works fine here.
Klicking on a plain hex works too.
SteveD64

RE: Deselection

Post by SteveD64 »

thanks, Templer.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Scouseair68

krupp_88mm and redmarkus4 should mod her some flowers! [:)]
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

1) Introduce new tank types actually present in the theater of operation in large quantities (i.e. Panzer II, Valentine, Matilda, T-26 etc.)
2) Allow the editor to modify the stats or the existing pieces of equipement and to create new ones
3) Rationalize the spelling of city names. Now the game uses English, German and Dutch transliterations all mixed up.
(not a big problem but if might be confusing for someone)

Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: krupp_88mm

ORIGINAL: Templer

Suggestions / requests:
+1..

This would make life especially easier for me, since with my widescreen i cant zoom in anywhere except center becaseu i cant move the sides off the map..

Templar is a good critique'r, his advice is solid.

Agreed!
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”