v5.60.53

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
timoshuk

v5.60.53

Post by timoshuk »

Hi Folks,

Any news on the release of the official patch yet? Had to abandon our last campaign due to constant bugs and would like to give it another try. Is it ok to go with the beta version or should we wait? Please can you link me to the beta download if you are satisfied. Thanks, Timo
SteveMcClaire

RE: v5.60.53

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Timo,

The beta patch is available via this link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060830

I believe you need to have registered your game with Matrix to download it.

The official patch will probably be out relatively soon, but I do not have a specific release date.  Sorry.

timoshuk

Post by timoshuk »

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll try the link. I guess if the official is out probably relatively soon it wont change much by the release.[;)] T
villev

Post by villev »

Any news on the release schedule of the patch? I ordered the game recently as it seemed that Matrix had not abandoned it yet after all, and it would be nice to see the last of the documented bugs fixed soon.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The beta patch is already available, via the link I posted.  This patch will likely be release as an official update in a few weeks at the most.

villev

Post by villev »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The beta patch is already available, via the link I posted.  This patch will likely be release as an official update in a few weeks at the most.

Found and installed and the beta already, this was regarding the official patch. Great to hear that it's coming soon!

I'm asking as we are about to start the Grand campaign with a friend and wondered if we should wait for the official patch or not. Will the patch be save compatible and will it fix the last few issues remaining in the bug report thread?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Save game files from the beta patch should work fine in the official patch.  There will be a few additional issues addressed in the official patch, but since it's not finalized I do not have a list yet.

villev

Post by villev »

Is the new patch coming soon? We're anxious to start a two-player Grand Campaign, but don't want to risk it with the fatally crashing savegame-bug.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The official path will likely be released in a few weeks, but this is just a rough estimate.

You can download the beta patch and use it right now. You just need to sign up for the Matrix Members Club.  I believe this is a pretty easy process.

villev

Post by villev »

The official path will likely be released in a few weeks, but this is just a rough estimate.

You can download the beta patch and use it right now. You just need to sign up for the Matrix Members Club.  I believe this is a pretty easy process.

Yes, I am aware of the beta patch as can be seen from the post before the previous one (and reported a game-stopping fatal bug for it too, in the bug-report thread), and was asking because the timetable for the patch was "in a few weeks" a few weeks ago.

I was hoping for a more exact date, but will just be waiting a few more weeks then. But I'd like to point out that few weeks plus a few more weeks is already a month or two. It would be nice to hear a bit more reasuring news from Matrix once in a while.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It wasn't my intention to mislead people about when the official update would be available.  It is in the works and will be made available as soon as possible.  All I can say in terms of an exact date is 'when it is done', which does not help much either. My apologies.

In terms of the specific issue you reported, it was my understanding that the game stopped with the error message, but your saved game file was fine.  I want to be sure I understand how the issue is impacting you -- were you able to continue the saved game?  Did the error happen again at a later time?

Thanks,

Steve

villev

Post by villev »

In terms of the specific issue you reported, it was my understanding that the game stopped with the error message, but your saved game file was fine. I want to be sure I understand how the issue is impacting you -- were you able to continue the saved game? Did the error happen again at a later time?

The error message was "Unable to save file. ..." - the attached save is from before the crash. Did you try it and did it crash for you? The error happens every time the next battle in the save ends, in whatever way, as I reported. I guess the phrase "Crashes every time." might be interpreted some other way too, I could have been more verbose in that. So, to be extra clear:

1. The save is before the last battle in that particular campaign turn.
2. The game crashes after the battle, reports "unable to save file", and indeed does not update the save.
3. Loading the save again and replaying the battle does not solve the issue- same crash occurs.
4. Ergo, the campaign can't be continued.

The save was in a single player campaign, as reported. I started this one just to make sure that everything is working properly (as there seemed to be unresolved issues still, see below) before starting a full two-player campaign that I would not like to cancel in the middle because of some fatal bug.

Message #12 by xe5 in the Public Beta v5.60.53b - bugs/issues thread reports something similar, as does #7.

Similar issue is reported in the thread titled Game crash. (I would have made those proper links but some forum security feature stopped that.)

(edited for grammar)
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the clarification.  I was under the impression that you'd sent a saved game file from after the error.  I had started the first battle (South Oosterbeek) but did not play through to the end as I thought that the problem had occurred prior to this save.  I can reproduce the error and will look into it, probably this weekend.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

FYI - I was able to debug this over the weekend and it will be fixed in the official update. Thanks for your information.

I will see what can be done to expedite the official update, or to release another beta update if that is quicker.

Steve
villev

Post by villev »

FYI - I was able to debug this over the weekend and it will be fixed in the official update. Thanks for your information.

I will see what can be done to expedite the official update, or to release another beta update if that is quicker.

Steve

Great! I'll be waiting for the official/beta patch then.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Any ETA on the official v5.60.53 patch as the beta version was released on 3/14/2012?

Additional bugs/fixes where mentioned in this thread and this other thread tm.asp?m=3060868 as coming in the official patch? [&:]
Bordic

Post by Bordic »

is this official patch still on schedule?
stolidog

Post by stolidog »

Whats the status of the beta patch being made official? Matrix stated months ago that it would only be a "few weeks"

This is very frustrating........
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump!
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

Yeah, any info on the patch?  Still waiting to see if it is worth buying.

Return to “Tech Support”