Attack Startup Penalty

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

balto

Attack Startup Penalty

Post by balto »

The COMBAT Modifier table has a line item called ATTACK STARTUP. In the table it only list the Attacker's Attack as being affected.

I think this is referring to the manual on 7.2.15. SLOW START RULE -- If that is correct citation, the manual says the first round gives BOTH sides 75% penalty on dealing damage; the second gives 50%; the third round onwards is normal.

So is the table correct (just the attacker is affected), or is the 7.2.15 correct in that (both defender and attacker are affected)?
Vic

RE: Attack Startup Penalty

Post by Vic »

Hi balto,

I wish you had been a proof reader of the manual. The game is correct, the manual is wrong.

I am working on errata to go with the first patch as we speak.

Thanks for spotting these mistakes.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
balto

Post by balto »

Vic,

So it only affects Attackers, thank you.

I am loving CB, I am still pouring over the details. I think this could possibly be the best wargame to have been released in several years.
stone10

Post by stone10 »

It affects both sides.
balto

Post by balto »

It works only on the Attacker side.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: balto

Vic,
I think this could possibly be the best wargame to have been released in several years.

+1 without a doubt.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”