Night bombing

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

PizzaDeOveja

Night bombing

Post by PizzaDeOveja »

Hi there guys...
I was just planning a good bbq at Hamburg in my glorious '44 campaing and I noticed a lot of uncertainties. I tried 2 bomber streams. One using my good ol' pathfinding mosquitos B.IV with incendiaries to paint the target 10 minutes before the main raid came (that being 141 Hallifax at 20.064 feet). I performed recon before the raid and got Urban damage 63 over the target. After the raid apparently I fixed some of that as with a 0 day recon report it now stated 59 urban damage!
As urban damage has the slower damage repair in the game (0.5 per day) I'm assuming the data is incorrect until I fly another recon round. Is that it? The bombs were said to fall in Hamburg area so I think they were right on target.
Anyways fell free to tell me how you organize your raids and which planes as leads and altitudes. That would be great info! thx
The Rules of War? I'll give you a lesson, sir, about the Rules of War...
Gunnerchimp

RE: Night bombing

Post by Gunnerchimp »

I would definitely recon Hamburg again to get a more accurate damage assessment. You'd hope your raid hadn't fixed some of the previous damage!
I always send a series of bomber streams to the target, lead by a pathfinder squadron or unit with H2S. Keep each stream to about 2-300 bombers and get them to the target area at about the same time. I also try and change the approach of each of the streams to reduce "bomber creep".
Knife? That's not a knife. THIS is a knife!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”