Problem with Local network.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Guy HUBERT

Problem with Local network.

Post by Guy HUBERT »

Hello,
i have got a problem with multiplayer game local network.

I have got two PC, and when i want to play in local, i can't.
My two PC's are connected to the net by a a box. So when i start the game on the 2 computers their ip's are the same, the ip of the web and not the ip local.
How could i resolved this problem ?
Thanks for your answers.

PS : excuse me for my english.
junk2drive

RE: Problem with Local network.

Post by junk2drive »

Do you have 2 copies of the game, one on each computer?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Guy HUBERT

Post by Guy HUBERT »

Yes i have.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Are you using the lobby or the "Local Network Client" / "Server Setup" buttons?

If you use the lobby, you can play with two different copies of the game by logging in separately with each copy and by changing your connection port numbers so that the ports are unique.

If you are using the Local Network buttons, you can play with only one copy of the game installed on two machines. In this case, the game does its best to try to list all of the machines on your LAN using standard Windows methods. If it fails to find your machines, you can always type the LAN IP address of the host machine into the "Address" text box on the client setup screen. Make sure when setting up a LAN game that the host and client have the same port numbers (they should both be the same by default, do not change them.)
Guy HUBERT

Post by Guy HUBERT »

With a lot of late, thank for your answers. I'll try all that you explain and i tell you soon if it works.
Guy HUBERT

Post by Guy HUBERT »

I tried as you tell me but it doesn't work. Is it perhaps that i use the same serial number ?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

You should be able to play over the LAN with the same serial numbers, but over the lobby you cannot.
Guy HUBERT

Post by Guy HUBERT »

When i launch the game as server in a computer and as client on the other, the client see the local server but when i connect it, i don't see in the chat room the two computers even if the client says "connected ok" and on the local server : "192.168.0.36:xxxxx is connected". I see only one.
I don't know what i can do !
Thanks for your help.
Guy HUBERT

Post by Guy HUBERT »

When i launch the game as server in a computer and as client on the other, the client see the local server but when i connect it, i don't see in the chat room the two computers even if the client says "connected ok" and on the local server : "192.168.0.36:xxxxx is connected". I see only one.
I don't know what i can do !
Thanks for your help.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

You won't be able to connect both computers to the chat room if you only have one serial number. You can still play over your LAN, however: there is a section in the manual called "Local Network Games", I believe it is chapter 8, that contains instructions on playing over the LAN. You'll need to have your LAN configured so that your computers can see each other and so that any firewalls you are using do not block TCP sockets between the computers.
Guy HUBERT

Post by Guy HUBERT »

Thanks.
I continue to do that you say. I had try yet all things describe in the chapter, but i still continue !![;)]
I must go out this next week for work so i couldn't give you the results of my investigation !![:)]

Return to “Tech Support”