Old Manuals Database - Available?

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Old_Warrior

Old Manuals Database - Available?

Post by Old_Warrior »

I lost my West Front (and EF/RS) manuals and wonder if the database info at the back of this is available somewhere? I am looking for the availability dates for each vehicle.

Is this available in the Matrix version? Also the Rarity value?
Bill Peters
Developer: Battle Academy: Fortress Metz
Scenario Designer: John Tiller Napoleonic series
big dawg

RE: Old Manuals Database - Available?

Post by big dawg »

SGT Rock,

(The best damn comic book ever IMHO.)

When you download or buy the CD version of JTCS the icon has a link to the manual. It comes inside the download.

Hope this helps!
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Big Dawg,

You can get Sgt. Rock reprints in "Showcase Presents Sgt. Rock." Three volumes are already out. The fourth comes out in February 2013. The reprints are in black and white.
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Hi guys.
Good to see you posting Dean.

What Sgt Rock has asked for is only available in the printed manuals from early Talonsoft releases.
The appendices had the scenario names and descriptions, as well as each unit with it's range and fire effect (victory points, movement costs, etc.). I have a Matrix manual somewhere, and I will check to see if the info was included in the printed version.
That info is not part of the new pdf game manual. [:(]

For what it is worth, I was not a huge Sgt.Rock fan. I preferred "Ghost Tank". [:)]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Ghost Tank!!! Yep, I remember that one, was an M3 Stuart or was it the ghost of Gen. Stuart, don't remember that much? Watched Combat!! and Rat Patrol too!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Thanks, Ed!

It was called the Haunted Tank. Originally it was an M3 Stuart. The ghost who haunted the tank was the Confederate Cavalry General Jeb Stuart, and the tank commander's name was -- you guessed it -- Jeb Stuart too.

At some point the crew loses the M3 Stuart and goes to a tank graveyard and canibalizes a tank from the parts of previously destroyed tanks. Some of the parts look like they may be German!

My favorite was the Haunted Tank too. It took me many false starts to like Sgt. Rock, but I got there.

There are two volumes of Showcase Presents The Haunted Tank that take you through the entire run of the Haunted Tank while the crew was in the M3 Stuart and the first couple of issues after the crew turns in the M3 Stuart for their canibalized tank.
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

hey Dean!

great memories. I liked haunted Tank, Sgt Rock, & Sgt Furry/howling commandos. I hardly read the books I currently have but i will look up the reprints Dean.

loved the M3 taking out Royal Tigers. Stay in touch Dean.

Thank you. great memories. The best!

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”