editor

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

lion_of_judah

editor

Post by lion_of_judah »

I thought there was a editor that came with one of the latest patches?
SMK-at-work

RE: editor

Post by SMK-at-work »

It's a separate download - it doesn't let you do a hell of a lot - really just muck around with troop strengths - as in hte strength per corps & quality - not the number of units
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

We'll I did download the editor after upgrading to the latest patch 1.34 and that is when i received the trench error. so i had to uninstall and reinstall the game but this time I did not install the editor. So I see that they have not yet corrected the trench error with the editor.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Works fine for me - never had that error.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

What am I doing wrong then. Is there a way for me to save the game as a different name or something. I had the problem after i edited the 1914 scn. and tried to play it, that is when I got the trench error.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

I have no idea - AFAIK with the editor you can only save the original scenarios, and only under their own names - although I've never actually done so.

Perhaps reload the game & restore the originals?

If you've edited a scenario then you know about the editor - what was your original question for??
JBa

Post by JBa »

Can someone explain how to get the editor to work. I am runnings windows 7.
I get access violation messages trying to save the editor amendments. I have tried windows XP compatibility and run as administrator. I have also tried changed all users to full access. but make no difference.

The rare ocassion i have got the scenario to save. the changes i make are not seem in the game when i start a new game.
And if the when i load the scenario back up in the editor i cant get the tech levels to save. no matter how many time i increase the levels and save. when i load back up they revert back to default.
I have managed to increase the troop quality in the editor to 9`s and when saved and reloaded the editor they display as 9`s, but when start new game quality`s are back to default in the actual game, despite what the editor states.

Update
i have now got access to an old laptop running windows xp. and i still get the same errors as detailed above

SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Basically the editor doesn't work :(
JBa

Post by JBa »

After some hours of trying. i have got the editor to partly work.
I will post the solution step by step later on
JBa

Post by JBa »

1) fresh install guns august
2) install patch 1.34
3) launch guns august game menu
4) launch editor
5) make amendments to scenario and save.
Have not been able to get tech lvls to amend sucessfully.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have been away from this game for a long while,in fact I have not really played it since first install,I was hoping for a better editor,I love all things naval but the game has glaring errors,so I have not really given it a second chance,is the game still active,does it have a future,and if so will there be any further patches and enhancements?

The reason for this post,is about the editor see photo,I have arrowed the first glaring error I came across,IE the German Armoured cruiser Blucher,that the came calls a Battlecruiser,and of the German actual Battlecruisers well there ain't any,no Von der Tann,Moltke,Seydlitz or even any of the newest Derfflinger class?

Althought Turkey gets Moltke's sister ship Goeben.In the editor the Blucher firepower is 7 but I can't reduce this, to the other official Armoured cruiser Roon & Scharnhorst class strenght off 3.Infact there is very little you can do with the editor.[&:]
Attachments
Guns of Au..t editor.jpg
Guns of Au..t editor.jpg (137.34 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Duplicate post I forgot to add the photo to the first post what a numpty.[:D]

I have been away from this game for a long while,in fact I have not really played it since first install,I was hoping for a better editor,I love all things naval but the game has glaring errors,so I have not really given it a second chance,is the game still active,does it have a future,and if so will there be any further patches and enhancements?

The reason for this post,is about the editor see photo,I have arrowed the first glaring error I came across,IE the German Armoured cruiser Blucher,that the came calls a Battlecruiser,and of the German actual Battlecruisers well there ain't any,no Von der Tann,Moltke,Seydlitz or even any of the newest Derfflinger class?

Althought Turkey gets Moltke's sister ship Goeben.In the editor the Blucher firepower is 7 but I can't reduce this, to the other official Armoured cruiser Roon & Scharnhorst class strenght off 3.Infact there is very little you can do with the editor.

Attachments
GunsofAu..teditor.jpg
GunsofAu..teditor.jpg (137.34 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Make it so!
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

The editor is effectively useless.

The "Blucher" unit represents all the German battlecruisers.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

The editor is effectively useless.

The "Blucher" unit represents all the German battlecruisers.

Well that sucks [:@]

Thanks for info,yet another Matrix game gathers dust on the shelve what a waste of money![>:]
Make it so!
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

IMO it's not a waste of money at all - It's a great game - I got years of play out of it & it is a lot of fun playing PBEM too if you can get someone at a similar skill level, but even vs the AI it can be interesting.

IMO it is a superb design concept - sure it could use updating, and Frank has said he will......but unfortunately he's an independent game designer so we can't rely upon it.....none-the-less if you are relatively new to it and enjoy strategic level games then this is a pearl.

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”