2.0.329F Patch Notification?

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

solops

2.0.329F Patch Notification?

Post by solops »

How can I tell if the latest 2.0.329F patch has installed correctly? The Readme still shows an old version ("E" I think) when accessed from the game menu, although the 2.0.329F readme is present in the game directory. The current version number is not displayed in the game anywhere that I can find. All of the game's executable files still show dates that precede the patch, even though work was apparently done on them (?).

Anyway, how can I tell if the game updated correctly?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
rickier65

RE: 2.0.329F Patch Notification?

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: solops

How can I tell if the latest 2.0.329F patch has installed correctly? The Readme still shows an old version ("E" I think) when accessed from the game menu, although the 2.0.329F readme is present in the game directory. The current version number is not displayed in the game anywhere that I can find. All of the game's executable files still show dates that precede the patch, even though work was apparently done on them (?).

Anyway, how can I tell if the game updated correctly?

It sounds like you have the patch applied if you check the readme.rtf or the what's new pdf file. It looks like the readme.txt file might not have gotten updated to the latest version.

The current version is displayed on the tank in the main game screen, but it only shows the main version number, not the letter version (329 in this case).

Thanks
rick
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

You have to go to c: / matrix games / pc ostfront / read me.  The read me file shows the f version.
I support the right to arm bears!
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I have the same problem but in readme file appear the E version again.

I download the patch 4 days ago "PanzerCommandOstfront-UpdateComp-Build329f.exe" i think that is a bug in the patch description.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

I have the same problem but in readme file appear the E version again.

I download the patch 4 days ago "PanzerCommandOstfront-UpdateComp-Build329f.exe" i think that is a bug in the patch description.

you can check the Panzer Command Ostfront folder and look at the whatsnew.pdf or the readme.rtf both of those should show the correct patch number. The readme.txt file was missed by the patch.

Thanks
Rick
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Thanks for the reply, yes, in PDF appear the correct version.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”