Private ships retrofitting

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Litcube

Private ships retrofitting

Post by Litcube »

Hello, folks. I left this game quite some time ago when I found out that private ships don't retrofit themselves to newer designs. Especially mining bases.

This pissed me off.

Two expansions later, has this changed?

Thanks! :)
moonraker65

RE: Private ships retrofitting

Post by moonraker65 »

Not sure if they retrofit but in my current game any new freighters or mining bases do show up once they've been designed
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

Private sector ships retrofit, but bases do not.
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

Screenshot or it didnt happen.

Seriously, I still see my initial ships wandering about years after I made them obsolete. I have NEVER seen one retrofitted. I hope I am wrong. But regardless, I wish private ships would retrofit asap.
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

Unfortunately, no screenshots. Can't be arsed to get one. For what it's worth, you have my sincerest apologies for my laziness.

There is a bit of a delay it seems. I still have old private sector ships crawling around with the sleeker new models, but I've seen them tasked with hitting this or that spaceport with retrofit orders. Sometimes they head over to retire themselves and I assume a new ship is built somewhere else in exchange.

Of course, this is all on 1.7.0.15 and having the auto-retrofit(but not design) option turned on for private sector ships. I design something new, and everything else happens on its own schedule.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

They do retrofit, but it seems that about ten percent of your existing civilians are the limit in space port yards. In other words, no retrofit order will be issued if ten percent of your civilians are being built. Once your yards go idle, the old ships will start retrofitting. That data is from v 14 my last game where I got curious and watched my spaceport queues for the last 5 years of the game.

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

Thanks guys. I remember Eliot also saying they should retrofit a long time ago. But I was starting to wonder if I was doing something wrong...

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”