Number of slots

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
WilliePete

Number of slots

Post by WilliePete »

How many slots/teams will be available in PitF? What I always hoped for with each new Close Combat is a greater number of slots. I want to control a larger number of forces and to have larger fire fights without losing the Close Combat scope. All too often only a small portion of a large map is used. It simplys feels empty!

Instead of having company vs company size engagements, I'd like to see up to a battalion force on the map. I suppose that would be at least 30 slots to work with.

How many slots are palnned for PitF?
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
SteveMcClaire

RE: Number of slots

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There will be more than the original 15.  The current maximum (subject to testing feedback) is 21 for Panthers in the Fog.  You won't always have all 21 slots available (dependning on the battle group) however.

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

Thanks, Steve! 21 slots works for me! I suppose my only other concern for PitF is unit tracking/movement. What I hope to see is straighter tracking, smoother game play, and more natural movement for the troops. Will any of this be addressed in Panthers? Thanks!
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I assume you mean the vehicle movement?  Or infantry?  We may make some tweaks to this for the vehicle turning to be smoother, but that will depend on what else may come up during testing.  I'd like to do it though.

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”