Downfall - The End

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mcissell

Downfall - The End

Post by mcissell »

I've tried twice on this senario (as allies) but, my butt gets kicked each time. My first try the Japanese air force destroyed my transports in the water and on the beach. Game over. Next time I coordinated all my CV's, transports, and ground air forces at one time. 3 CV's sunk, 5 with month's repair ahead, and numerous
CVL's and CVE's. I got the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th marine divison's (20000 infantry, and 50000 2nd line troops) with a follow up with 6 cargo ships (all APA's and AXA"s). Ok, we are on the ground, but now everybody is under supplied (except 2 HQ's -- typical, Generals always get their stuff first). Again, game over.

I desperately need some tip's from you guys. Thanks in avance.
n01487477

RE: Downfall - The End

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: mcissell

I've tried twice on this senario (as allies) but, my butt gets kicked each time. My first try the Japanese air force destroyed my transports in the water and on the beach. Game over. Next time I coordinated all my CV's, transports, and ground air forces at one time. 3 CV's sunk, 5 with month's repair ahead, and numerous
CVL's and CVE's. I got the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th marine divison's (20000 infantry, and 50000 2nd line troops) with a follow up with 6 cargo ships (all APA's and AXA"s). Ok, we are on the ground, but now everybody is under supplied (except 2 HQ's -- typical, Generals always get their stuff first). Again, game over.

I desperately need some tip's from you guys. Thanks in avance.
Too scant information here - did you just load up some troops and head for the beaches or did you leapfrog into a position where you could damage Japanese supply and logistics, take out the airfields and industry, have TF's capped by interlocking bases and turn Japan into a smoldering wreck before attempting such folly?

Maps etc would help.
mcissell

Post by mcissell »

Ooops! I think you gave me the answers I needed, I just didn't make enough prep. One other guestion. What would be best on city attact. I was concentrating on "Resorces".
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: mcissell

Ooops! I think you gave me the answers I needed, I just didn't make enough prep. One other guestion. What would be best on city attact. I was concentrating on "Resorces".
Resource bombing is probably going to be a waste of time, esp against the AI. The AI gets some economic bonuses anyway. The top of the food chain is HI and LI. Against a human player, I'd be bombing a/c & engine factories (intel must be considered here) and airfields after an initial campaign against LI an HI.

The problem with the economy in Scen1 is that the human player can stockpile so much HI, that they are somewhat immune to HI bombing. In downfall there is less HI plants and accumulation. So it is a good option. LI less so. A/c factories (fighters and LB), then critical engines. While at the same time softening up the airfields ...

Against the AI, well it's harder to hurt the economy too much, but the same does apply.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

in Downfall, you've got lots of LR Recon assets, but it'll take awhile to locate the a/c factories, what w/ the new FoW that affects the enemy base pop-up.

repeated mass B-29 night raids are the way to go. i generally just went for the airfields, w/ 1 of the sqns assigned to hit the port. IJ flak and NFs weren't effective.

Return to “The War Room”