My carriers vanished!

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pmattiasn

My carriers vanished!

Post by pmattiasn »

Hi, playing vs AI as allies, scen 7, version 1108r9. Date is 8/7-44 and since the last turn ALL my carriers (CVs, CVLs and CVEs) parked (disbanded) at Guam vanished! All other ships are still there as far as I can see. They (the carriers) show up in the global ship list ("S" command) as being disbanded at Guam, but not in the Guam port ship list, and neither can I form a CV TF at the port. Tried to reload, restart and run a new turn but no luck so far. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Mattias
Dan Nichols

RE: My carriers vanished!

Post by Dan Nichols »

You have too many ships there. I think the limit is 1000 for the display. Put a bunch of ships into TFs and your CVs should show up.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
pmattiasn

Post by pmattiasn »

wow - I had no idea! thanks for sorting that out, and quickly!

/m
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Boy that is a nice problem to have .. so many ships in theater it exceeds a 1000 ships threashold at a minor port [:D]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
pmattiasn

Post by pmattiasn »

Well, doing a bit of a test run to get into the late game and try out a couple of things. Not really caring about any sort of historic accuracy here - basically just dumping everything into Guam as a staging base at the moment. And no, haven't tried the new map with stacking limits everywhere yet, but will do so in my next game, sounds like fun!
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

The magical number is not 1000 ships. It is 1300 ships.

1000 ships was the original number. Michaelm upped the number in the recent betas. See post #765 in this thread.

tm.asp?m=2859420&mpage=26&key=1300%2Cships&#2917751

Alfred

Return to “Tech Support”