unable to load savegame. not enough memory

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

assassinsat

unable to load savegame. not enough memory

Post by assassinsat »

I am new to distant worlds. Bought DW+ROTS+Legends. only a few days of playing but i already managed to grasp the basics. So i decided to jump into a 1400 star galaxy game, huge sectors, everything else normal, 8 empires, only racial victory conditions.

Played for a few hours. got 30+ colonies.everything was going smoothly. Saved and exited. Then started again in the afternoon and game says not enough memory to load the save game. I am in year 2781

I have a 6gb ram, intel i3 2100. nvidia gtx560. I run a windows 7 64 bit system. I think i have the 1.7.0.7 patch. I am stumped. Also i save lots of save games. Now none of my savegames work.same error pops up. Even smaller galaxy games. Please help!
assassinsat

RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory

Post by assassinsat »

And also i just tried to start a new game and it says unhandled exception. system out of memory or some such. damn! and if it helps, i run a few mods. mostly a ship set, some planet texture mods by igard, certain effect mods etc. But before this all happened i installed jon's explosionsv20 mod and a sound effect mod. But hard to think that would be the one causing all this?
Dracus

Post by Dracus »

revmoe that mods and then see it it launches. Then you add in one mod at a time and repeat.
assassinsat

Post by assassinsat »

thanks for the reply. I tried that. It seems that its the explosion mod that is causing the trouble. When that was removed game worked again. Pity.i really liked those effects. Is it an error with the mod? Anybody else use it and get the same error?
SVWGiant

Post by SVWGiant »

Have you allready tested your savegame with v.1.7.0.15, specifically with the explosions mod?
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

Hey assasinsat. Let me look into that about the mod. I didn't do extensive testing for the last release as I didn't have a lot of time. But after some more playing I have noticed some performance issues as well, and have some ideas about what could be the cause. I'll throw up a link of the 12 version in the mod thread for the older version that ran fine!
assassinsat

Post by assassinsat »

@SVWGiant
No i haven't installed the 1.7.0.15 patch. isn't it still in beta? i saw lots of ppl complain about its bugs?

@Jon
Thanks mate. I'll check the 12 version out.
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

assassinat, I've just uploaded a light version - that should use a lot less memory. It will now be the recommended version to use.
assassinsat

Post by assassinsat »

so is it caused because my memory is low??
SVWGiant

Post by SVWGiant »

ORIGINAL: assassinsat

so is it caused because my memory is low??
Hmmm, I dont think so. I have 16 GB RAM and the game is still crashing after 10 minutes playtime. I must save all 3-5 minutes[:(] Very bad memory allocation and no new official patch in sight...
assassinsat

Post by assassinsat »

@SVWgiant
that must be insane. When i got the error i thought my ram had died.scary.

Is the beta stable enough to play?
Jon Micheelsen

Post by Jon Micheelsen »

Hmmm... I run the beta as well, and my mod and have none of the problems you have... Anyhow scaling the explo mod down wasn't a bad idea anyway [8|]

Return to “Tech Support”