Buildings

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Crender

Buildings

Post by Crender »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can squads enter and defend buildings? I've tried the demo and like the look of what I see, but cannot for the life of me get a unit to go into a building.

budd

RE: Buildings

Post by budd »

Yes they can, cool as hell to see grenades thrown at tanks from buildings. Use the defend command and click building they should in. Read Redmarkus thread about how to play the game lots of good stuff in there, including entering buildings. Enjoy.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Use the defense or hide command and most if not all will enter the surrounding buildings.The buildings though are death traps if the enemy has artillery assets.Also,I had a Russian squad defending a building,and a German APC rammed the corner of the building,causing the building to collapse on my squad ,killing them all[:(]
budd

Post by budd »

My troops blew off a tank track with a grenade from a building causing it to drive into building crushing it and them.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Crender

Post by Crender »

Thanks for the replies. Time to fire up the demo and give this another go. I will try the Redmarkus tutorials as well[:)]
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Dane49

Use the defense or hide command.The buildings are death traps if the enemy has artillery assets.Also,I had a Russian squad defending a building,and a German APC rammed the corner of the building,causing the building to collapse on my squad ,killing them all[:(]

Never at the start of a scenario put your troops in set up to defend around buildings (they will suddenly be in the building once game starts). Reason for this as if it's a main town\village it's likely the enemy will arty the place very quickly. If I want my troops to defend there I keep them abit back, wait abit (usually the Arty will start to fall) once any Arty is over move them up to defend. See it like the old tactic of pulling back while the arty falls then moving back in after it finishes.

Big buildings are great places to defend a inf assault, place a couple of HMG's in there aswell. I've lost sometimes upto a whole platoon trying to assault a well defended big building. AT the end I checked the statistics and one enemy HMG had taken out 20 of my men alone, all around the building.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”