Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps Release Date Nears!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Scott Parrino

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps Release Date Nears!

Post by Scott Parrino »

Expect to hit the desert with the Afrika Korps this month!

Matrix Games and Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) , along with The Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) and Flashback Games are excited to announce the upcoming release of Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps, the next title in the Wargame of the Year series, Panzer Corps. The release date has been set for July 31, 2012.

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps will be available as an expansion to existing owners of Panzer Corps and as a stand-alone game to new players.

The war now moves to the hot and unforgiving deserts of North Africa, where the vaunted Afrika Korps begins their 1941 offensive into Libya and Tunisia to push to the Suez Canal and secure the oil-rich fields of the Arabian Peninsula. With the British Army and her allies standing in the way, players will have to fight hard to ensure victory. If all goes well it may even be possible to advance on Britain’s crown jewel: India.

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps comes packed with 24 new scenarios that take place in North Africa, the Middle East and India, as well as several new engaging multiplayer scenarios through Slitherine’s PBEM++ network.

Players can look forward to more than 20 new units, ranging from gliders and flamethrower tanks to motorcycle infantry and minefields. Moreover an excess of 70 existing units have been re-skinned for desert camouflage. The Germans won’t be standing alone in their fight, as Italian units can now join the player’s core force to carry through the campaign to earn experience and equipment upgrades.

The modder’s community will also now have new units and tile-sets available for use in their scenario-creating escapades. The changes to the modding tools are not only confined to new units and tiles though. A wide array of new options have also been included: more advanced scripting, a number of new AI orders, heroes configuration, unit placement randomization and much more.

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps is both; an expansion for the existing Panzer Corps owners and a full stand-alone game that does not require Panzer Corps for new players.

Features

A brand-new Afrika Korps campaign with 24 new scenarios and several MP scenarios.
More than 20+ new units added including gliders, flamethrower tanks and much more.
More varied and dynamic scenarios.
New desert-related weather types, terrain tile sets and unit camouflage.
Improved AI.
The Library extended with the most prominent WW2 airplanes.
Your core force can now contain allied units, such as Italians.
Brand new music tracks.

For more information on Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps, visit its official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games site.

About Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps

Welcome to the desert!

The year is 1941 and you will lead the German Afrika Korps, and it`s Axis allies, into Libya and Tunisia during the North African Campaign of World War II.

The reputation of the "Deutsches Afrikakorps" or "DAK" was synonymous with that of its first commander Erwin Rommel, now it is up to you to overwhelm the Allied forces in North Africa, secure the Suez Canal and take hold of the oil rich lands of the Arabian peninsula, maybe even invade the underbelly of the British Empire and threaten its crown jewel: India.

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps is an expansion for existing Panzer Corps owners and a full stand-alone for new players. With more than 20 new units, 24 new scenarios, new dynamic and varied scenarios and weather types, players will have their wits and tactics tested in this turn-based strategy game of the award-winning Panzer Corps series!
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
crismac_slith

RE: Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps Release Date Nears!

Post by crismac_slith »

Great [:)].I will be buying this on day one.One question though.Will you be able to play this like the other DLC,linked together starting from 39 thru 45?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm afraid not.
AK has a 24 scenarios campaign. It will play like the original Panzer Corps campaign. No link with DLC.
But it's 1.10 so expect more things than just 24 brand new scenarios. [:)]
crismac_slith

Post by crismac_slith »

Ok,thanks VPaulus.I figured it probably would not be,since it is a stand alone game.I was hoping though.

Looking forward to July 31.
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

Will the Generic Mod Enabler still work? I have a number of Mods installed and will be doing an expansion and not a clean install. Will any of the mods be incorporated into the AK Release? Thanks
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

So, how many Reichmarks is this going to set me back (DLC to existing Panzer Corps)?

When is iPanzer Corps going to appear on my iPad?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: GSlapshot

Will the Generic Mod Enabler still work? I have a number of Mods installed and will be doing an expansion and not a clean install. Will any of the mods be incorporated into the AK Release? Thanks
I think so.
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

If AK is an expansion to PzC will it install like the DLC's or can we do a clean install of it alone? Also from other posts it appears there will only be one price for either new or expansion how will the start up screen work?

Thanks
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

It is a stand alone game and does not bolt together with anything from the original but if you have both you can access all content in the same game - there are not 2 install folders.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

It is a stand alone game and does not bolt together with anything from the original but if you have both you can access all content in the same game - there are not 2 install folders.

That is nice. Thanks for not cluttering my game folder. ;)

Something different. I'm greatly enjoying Panzer Corps so far. I bought and played all released DLC's and eagerly awaiting the AC campaign. Can't wait to see the new graphic sets too.
I am also enjoying Battlefield 3 and liked EA's idea of BF3 Premium. In case you're not familiar with Premium, basically you pay once in advance and the get access to all further addon's as soon they are done plus some goodies.
Couldn't that not be an option for you too in case you have bigger plans for Panzer Corps?
For example I'm looking forward to an allied Campaign, especially a detailed Russian campaign.
Russians are interesting and fun to play. Since they had like the Germans a total shift in military technology you end the war with units vastly different then what you started with. An this in all areas like air, artillery, SPGs and tanks. In this regard western allies are boring. Always the same chassis little innovation. Upgrading units has for me always been part of the fun.
My little treat between battles. Not to mention this great setup of being first on the defense fighting for your survival and then having a great come back. Bringing the war to them. Almost a cliche or Rocky movie.

What I am trying to say is I would find the idea neat to give you ~$50 bucks in advance and everytime a part is done you send me a download link via email. This is more convenient then buying each DLC separate each time for $5. You could benefit from having the money upfront. Better planing ahead with the available resources, get more independent then living from release to release. Maybe you even save some payment provider fees ending up with more in your pocket.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

It's an interesting idea but the PzC dev team is small and committing too far in advance for content could be a problem as would need to guarantee a flow of new content and would be under pressure to release stuff when we might not be happy with it. We also need to have room to react to opportunities that arise so I dont think we'll be looking to do this in the near future.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Hellcat 707 Hp

Post by Hellcat 707 Hp »

Is it coming out today????????????
Loyalty Is My Honor
crismac_slith

Post by crismac_slith »

I hope so this is my friday at work [:D]
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

No, not today. It isn't gold yet. But it's close, very, very close. [:)]
hadberz

Post by hadberz »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

No, not today. It isn't gold yet. But it's close, very, very close. [:)]

Will it be out this week? :)
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63d Bios)
32 GB G-Skill DDR4 3200
MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6950 XT 16GB
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I really don't know. We're testing release candidate 2, which was released yesterday. I think that this is going to be the final version.
I assume, if no serious bug is reported in the next 24 or 48 hours, it will be gold.
But only Iain, Tim or Alex can say for sure.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

If all goes as planned the game will release coming Monday the 6th of August.

Remember we are in GMT European timezone, so it could be the game only releases late afternoon GMT time, to make sure both European and American market releases are as close as possible.

Anyway, just five more nights of sleep away and than it is up to yourself if you can do better than Rommel playing in the sand. :-)
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

I assume you will send out a newsletter the second it becomes available?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The newsletter is a monthly release so doesn't come directly after a game comes out so it will be a few weeks till the next one. Release will be Monday around 4pm BST.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
hadberz

Post by hadberz »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

If all goes as planned the game will release coming Monday the 6th of August.

Remember we are in GMT European timezone, so it could be the game only releases late afternoon GMT time, to make sure both European and American market releases are as close as possible.

Anyway, just five more nights of sleep away and than it is up to yourself if you can do better than Rommel playing in the sand. :-)

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to some desert action. [:)]
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63d Bios)
32 GB G-Skill DDR4 3200
MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6950 XT 16GB
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro

Return to “Panzer Corps”