Question for Bil..

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

Question for Bil..

Post by wodin »

Hello,

I was wondering in CO I think most orders are on the whole given out to battalion level where so what is the HQ unit we will be giving orders to in LOTB? Will it be coy? Or is this game about giving orders to individual platoons?

Also give us some more screenies:)

J
Arjuna

RE: Question for Bil..

Post by Arjuna »

wodin,

Company HQs will be the level at which you mainly issue orders. Just think that its the same as BFTB but one level down. You can, but you won't need to, issue orders to every platoon.

BTW I have found that irrascible Bil to respond best when you use the "please" word.[:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
wodin

Post by wodin »

Yeah I was pretending to be forceful...hence the the smiley face..wasn't trying to be rude!

So give us some more screenies...please..;)
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

ORIGINAL: wodin
I was wondering in CO I think most orders are on the whole given out to battalion level where so what is the HQ unit we will be giving orders to in LOTB? Will it be coy? Or is this game about giving orders to individual platoons?

Sorry Wodin, I've been away for a few days on enforced "fun". Actually I had a good time with the wife, even went to visit Stonewall Jackson's house which was very interesting.

I think LOTB might see more micro-management than the previous games.. you might want to give orders down to Platoon, especially in the smaller scenarios and when on the defense. But Dave is correct, most times you will give orders at the Company level and that will be sufficient.
Also give us some more screenies:)

Don't be so hasty. [;)]
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK thanks for the info. Sounds great.

It's been a few hours since you said don't be so hasty...so how about now..give us some more screenies...please;)

Only messing. When your ready, well by tomorrow. ;)

J

Return to “Command Ops Series”