Philippines

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lipty

Philippines

Post by Lipty »

Can anyone shed some light on evac'ing Philippines (and Singapore soon). I read that I need to get MacArthur out but he is grey restricted and won't load on anything. It is Dec25 and the Japs are on the doorstep.
Are any of the troops there worth using PP for (although I don't have many left after reading other posts about the importance of putting good leaders in all the airgroups).
I have 2 large amphib/transport TF's in balik waiting to p/u troops with hermes in support as well as Lex/Ent steaming up java to offer support from all the Jap Tf's in the area around Mindanao.
crsutton

RE: Philippines

Post by crsutton »

I think MacArthur will come back for free if eliminated. Otherwise you will no longer need to evac any units from the PI as all lost LCUs and squadrons can now be purchased back and rebuilt.

Most players do pull the heavy bomber squadrons out (very valuable) and many opt to pull out the fighters after they have been beat up. Some like to pull out base forces but I just save the PPs and pull a few needed base forces out of the DEI instead.

The same applies to Singapore. You can rebuild any unit lost but with commonwealth units the replacement pools for devices and squads fills up painfully slow so you will never get all of them rebuilt anyways. I just leave them to fight and hold out then am selective about what gets rebuilt. Some pull troops out to defend Palembang. That just depends on your overall plan. I eventually pull all air units out.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Lipty

Post by Lipty »

Is the 32 pp per b17 squadron worth the investment? Or just rebuild them after they get destroyed?
If they disband in Philippines do the aircraft and pilots get rolled into reserves or just gone?
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

The B-17's are worth it

Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

I'd evac all the shipping, the B-17s, and the nurses. Swap Macarthur for a lower-rate commander. Everyone else is screwed.
mjk428

Post by mjk428 »

ORIGINAL: Lipty

Is the 32 pp per b17 squadron worth the investment? Or just rebuild them after they get destroyed?
If they disband in Philippines do the aircraft and pilots get rolled into reserves or just gone?

All the B17 units in the PI have to be removed in '42 anyway. They'll be most valuable in the early days of the war so pay the price save what you can. I usually send a few to the Brits and the rest to the Aussies for patrol duty.

The only land units I ever try pull out of the PI are the Cebu & Cavite base units. No PPs needed.

Return to “The War Room”