August 4th - A Day That Will Live In Infamy (No Khyberbill Please)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

August 4th - A Day That Will Live In Infamy (No Khyberbill Please)

Post by Icedawg »

As that was the day that both I and my illustrious opponent, Khyberbill, came into this world. I guess this is the once in every 365 games where the two opponents share the same birthday.

We will be playing DaBigBabes C. I will be the Japanese.

Here are the House Rules:

1) No single-ship TFs except in cases where the player wishes to disperse ships fleeing from a perceived enemy threat (allied ships fleeing Philippines and SRA early in the game is perfectly fine, but using single-ship picketts and naval-attack magnets is not). Basically, don't form TFs just to be bait to suck up SCTFs' ammo and/or absorb enemy airstrikes.

2) Sweeps and CAP no higher than second best maneuver rating.

3) No 4E naval attacks below 10000' (exception - naval aircraft (PBYs, Emilys etc) may do so).

4) No strategic bombing of light industry.

5) Resticted command units may not cross borders unless bought out with PPs.

6) No buying out HQs to free up wholesale blocks of resticted units on the cheap.

7) No misuse of squadron resizing on CVs to create insanely large (> 30) units.

8) One CV port attack on Dec 7th (unless all attacks are located in the same general area). No hunting of Allied CVs on turns 1 or 2.

9) Japanese amphibious landings on Dec 7th are restricted to Kuantan, Kota Bharu and N. Luzon (Vigan, Laoag, Aparri and islands between Formosa and Luzon). All locations along the North coast of New Guinea and those in the North, Central and South Pacific that can be reached on Dec 7th are also allowed.

10) Japanese TFs may not end their Dec 7th turn: a) S of the hex line between Kota Bharu and Singkawang, b) W of the hex line between Davao and Galeia c) S of the hex line between Morotai and Sansapor, d) anywhere in the interior seas of the Philippines.

11) No new Allied TFs may be created on the Dec 7th turn. Existing Allied TFs may be given orders on Dec 7th, but those orders may only be transit orders to other friendly bases (react = 0, no patrol, cruise speed). The condition of Allied air and ground units may not be altered in any way on Dec 7th. Chinese units are exempt from these restrictions.

12) Parachute units may not paradrop if the drop results in more than 2 fragments being located on the map (allows no more than two targets per unit until the unit forms back up). This is a happy medium between the restrictive rule of one unit = one target and the free-for-all mentality of no restirctions.

13) When dropping on an enemy-occupied base in conjunction with a conventional ground attack, the overall strength of the paradrop must be an honest attempt to bring sufficient force to justify the disruption caused to enemy ground units. In other words, no paradropping of a handful of troops just for the sake of causing disruption to the enemy.

14) Allied nations must operate in geographically appropriate areas (Dutch units not allowed in Philippines or India, Chinese units not allowed in India, Australian units not allowed in N Pacific . . . ) and Japanese Commands must remain in quasi-historical areas.

15) No non-Soviet allied units allowed in Soviet bases and visa versa.

16) Night bombing restricted to max of one squadron per target base, max of one squadron launched from a given base on a given night, and no attacks from the same base on back-to-back nights. Also, no night attacks at < 50% moonlight.

17) No more than 6 PTs in a TF and no more than 2 PT TFs in a hex.

And here are the Realism Options:

Attachments
ForumPost20.jpg
ForumPost20.jpg (238.67 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Icedawg

RE: August 4th - A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Post by Icedawg »

I am posting this AAR in large part to get advice from more experienced PBEM players as this is my first game against an actual human opponent. I suspect that many of my strategies that worked against the AI are not going to fare so well against Bill, so please feel free to chime in with any input that might save my butt from getting whupped.

Here's my basic overall strategy:

China

In all of my games against the computer, the AI has soundly kicked my butt in China. I don't know if the AI gets some sort of supply bonus to help it out or what, but I just get steam rolled every time. Needless to say, I don't have high hopes here against a human. My first priority is to get garrisons positioned quickly to free up troops for offensive/defensive operations. Aside from that, I'm really just hoping to hold my own. I'm hoping to inflict some damage early on in the few areas of clear terrain where I have local troop superiority. After that, I'm going to be rather careful about where I choose to attack.

PH

Standard single strike minus the Hiryu (she will be diverted to cover early landings in the SRA). KB will be stripped of its BBs and CAs which will also find their way to the SW Pacific to assist in taking the SRA. This stripping of KB's surface assets and the mod's increased AA effectiveness are the main two reasons I am only doing a single strike at Pearl, regardless of how pitiful the results might be. After the attack, they are going to move at full speed away from Pearl to make sure they are not caught by American SC TFs.

Edit: I'm detaching the Kaga rather than the Hiryu. Her speed matches that of Ryujo much better.

Manila

All Netties in Formosa are going to hit the port at Manila. I really want to take out as many subs there as possible.

Singapore

All Netties in Saigon are going to hit the airfield. I want to take out as many Bufalos as I can early to make for rapid air superiority.

SRA

Move as quickly as possible to seize key bases while sustaining relatively acceptable losses. Early priority will be given to Singkawang, Ambon and Jolo. Once these are secure, Koepang, Kendari, Makassar and Oosthaven will be taken. These will serve as offensive bases for naval attack aircraft. Once these bases have been established, I will move to take Palembang (marching overland from Oosthaven), then Balikpapan/Samarinda and finally Java.

Malaya

First turn landings at Kota Bharu and Kuantan. I will feint a Mersing Gambit early to try to draw out Force Z. To slow his anticipated retreat into Singapore, I will paradrop a contingent from the 1st Yokosuka SNLF onto Port Dickson on turn three. I should be able to airlift most of the unit to Cam Ranh Bay by the end of the second turn. From there, Port Dickson is in range of Mavis transports and patrols. Since Port Dickson is on the rail line, this gives me a way to slow down any units pulling out of Taiping and/or Alor Star.

Philippines

Luzon - Turn one paradrop to take Vigan. Turn two amphibious landings at Lingayen. The goal will be to get to and take Clark Field as quickly as possible. Once Clark is secure, I'm not going to make taking Bataan much of a priority. I will bomb it into the stone age with LBA from Clark to prevent the build up of forts, but I'm not too concerned with capturing it right away. Troops used here cannot be used to take the more important objectives in the SRA.

Manado - Turn two paradrop on Digos and turn three paradrop on Jolo. Kure SNLFs and 14th Army detachments (Miura and Kimura) will follow on at Digos and move to take Davao, Dadjangas and Cotabato. In a few games against the AI, these forces also sufficed to take Cagayan. Hopefully they will be enough in this game too.

Timor/Ambon

Landings at Ambon on or about turn 5 using all four Sasebo SNLFs and the 15th and 16th NGs. From there, the Sasebo SNLFs will reload onto transports and head to Koepang.

Celebes

Once Ambon and Koepang have been taken, 16th Army elements will take Kendari and Makassar. Menado will be taken by the 15th NG (after Ambon falls) and the two Kure SNLFs (after Cagayan falls).

Aside from taking Rabaul, Wake, the Gilberts and some of the Aleutians, I'm not planning too far ahead elsewhere. I really want to focus on a quick, efficient capture of the SRA. Based on how things go in the initial 6-8 weeks, I'll entertain either an invasion of N Oz or India - not both (that's spreading things a bit thin I think). Additionally, I will perform some diversionary operations in the Aleutians and primary invasions of Port Moresby and/or Noumea

Aircraft R&D

Aircraft that I'd really like to accelerate include Zeros, Tojo, Frank, Judy, Jill and Grace.

Initial Industry Expansion

Naval Shipyards +300-400 and vehicles +150 (all in single point increments so I don't stress the supply situation too much). I'm thinking of converting some Merchant Shipyards to Naval Shipyards as well. I really want to accelerate all of the Unryu class CVs as much as possible while keeping the Yamato and Musashi on standard pace - kind of like wanting my cake and eating it too. Shinano is obviously off.

Okay, it's getting late. [>:]

I'll try to post some more details this weekend. In the meantime, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO OFFER YOUR INPUT. I'm really going to need it!

CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Good luck!

What's the rationale behind the above?

Also, some Chinese divisions actually trained in India, so personally I would think any non-restricted Chinese units should be allowed to operate there if the Allied player so desires.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Good luck!

What's the rationale behind the above?

Also, some Chinese divisions actually trained in India, so personally I would think any non-restricted Chinese units should be allowed to operate there if the Allied player so desires.

Cheers,
CC

Thanks, I'm going to need it.

Number four is a HR I've read about in other AARs. The idea is that alot of players consider light industry (especially in China) to be very small-scale operations you would have found in private residences. Small, spread out production like farms (rice paddies) and private workshops (individuals' homes) wouldn't have been feasible targets. Structures associated with heavy industry (warehouses, railyards, factories etc) were highly concentrated and made easier targets.

As for Chinese in India, Bill and I have already made an exception for this. He will be allowed to operate a few Chinese units in the Burma/India theater.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Naval Shipbuilding - I like to halt the big Musashi until Yamato is done. At 233 points a piece, you don't need them both in mid 42. However, you could accelerate Hiyo so she comes in with Junyo this way. I also halt about 6 to 8 I-boats to get more points available to accelerate my CVs. It cost only 61 points for the later Unryu's until they get close enough (3x durability) to cost the full 3x for acceleration. I like to get them caught up so they come in as pairs. Tracker helps to keep track of this easier.

Stacking limits - with them in place, he cannot place everybody at Clark. So look to take Manila quickly if you can. overstacking causes a faster rate of supply consumption and that is what you want on Luzon.
[center]Image[/center]
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Naval Shipbuilding - I like to halt the big Musashi until Yamato is done. At 233 points a piece, you don't need them both in mid 42. However, you could accelerate Hiyo so she comes in with Junyo this way. I also halt about 6 to 8 I-boats to get more points available to accelerate my CVs. It cost only 61 points for the later Unryu's until they get close enough (3x durability) to cost the full 3x for acceleration. I like to get them caught up so they come in as pairs. Tracker helps to keep track of this easier.

Stacking limits - with them in place, he cannot place everybody at Clark. So look to take Manila quickly if you can. overstacking causes a faster rate of supply consumption and that is what you want on Luzon.

That's a great point about the Musashi. What's the purpose of spending those points if she's just going to sit in port with nothing to do? As you mention, those points could be better spent getting Hiyo on the scene a bit earlier.

Another great point - the stacking limit thing. It really changes how you view things when you think about it. It's not all about AV. Sucking up supply becomes a big issue.

Thanks for the input. This is the kind of stuff I'm going to need if I stand any chance of being competitive in this game!
Icedawg

RE: August 4th - A Day That Will Live In Infamy (No Khyberbill Please)

Post by Icedawg »

Help Needed! Naval Support Shortage!

Never mind - answered in main forum.
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

I could use some advice here.

I'm planning my Luzon invasion and am torn between two landing sites - Lingayen or Batangas? Lingayen offers a quicker route to Clark, but Batangas allows a quicker route to Manila. As ny59giants pointed out, with stacking limits in effect, Manila is the prime defensive location for the allies. If I can take that away, maybe Luzon will fall a bit quicker. Also, Batangas doesn't have any Long Toms in place like Lingayen does.

Any ideas?
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Okay, the first turn has been run and the second one has been sent off to Bill.

Dec 7th 1941

Pearl Harbor - Very disappointing attack here. No BBs sunk. Two heavy damage. Six light damage.

The attack went off withouth Kaga as she has been dispatched to the SRA to support operations there, but even with that in mind, these results are still pretty pitiful. Those 800 kg bombs are worthless - they didn't seem to be much more effective than the 250 kg bombs dropped by the Vals. Numerous times I got the message saying that a BB had been hit with an 800 kg bomb and the deck had been penetrated, but that was it - no "critical damage", "severe damage", or "internal explosion" messages. [:(]

The California took three meaningful hits (torpedo or 800 kg bomb with extra message), the West Virginia, Maryland, Nevada, Tennesee and Oklahoma each took 2 and the Pennsylvania and Arizona got away with only 1 each. Needless to say, the Pacific is going to be swarming with old US BBs by February or March.

I knew I was only going to be doing one strike at Pearl (since I stripped KB of its surface assets and sent the 2 Kongos and 2 CAs to the SRA to help out there) so I didn't bother hitting the airfield. Looking back at the port results, its probably a good thing I did. Lots of BB weapons platforms were taken out by the Vals' 250 kg bombs adding some time to their return to action.

Manila - Another rather disappointing result here. Only 10 subs hit. That leaves 17 of those dreaded beasts prowling around my invasion sites in Luzon. Several xAKs and xAKLs were also hit as were an AO, an AV, an ARD and the DDs Pillsbury and Peary.

Singapore - An attack on the airfield by Netties from Saigon really put a hurting on this base. Several aircraft were destroyed on the ground, and when I moused over the base at the start of the next turn, it showed airfield damage in the mid 30s. It's still operational, but his engineers will be busy repairing that damage (and not building fortifications).

Hong Kong - IJA bombers from Takao and Canton hit the port here, hoping to hit the DDs that start out disbanded in port, but had no such luck. Some xAKs and xAKLs were rouged up pretty badly, but the DDs didn't get hit a single time. Darn.

Malaya Airfields - Lilys, Sallys and Nates hit the airfields at Alor Star, Kota Bharu and Georgetown for moderate damage. On a rather pleasant note, the Nates performed admirably against the Buffalos. Two Buffalos were shot down for no loss.

Amphibious Landings

Kuantan - the 11th and 41st Rgts landed here uneventfully along with the 5th Eng Rgt, the 5th Recon Rgt and the 5th FA Rgt.

Kota Bharu - the 55th and 56th Rgts landed here without opposition along with the 12th Eng Rgt and 18th Mtn Gun Rgt. In addition, the 114th Rgt and the 22nd Recon Rgt landed on the hex between Patani and Kota Bharu. The goal is for these units to race west across the peninsula isolating the garrison at Alor Star.

Batan Island - a small fragment from the 24th JAAF Bn landed here. They should take the base tomorrow.

Paradrops

Vigan - the bulk of the 3rd Yokosuka SNLF landed here and took the base. The Kanno and Tanaka Detachments and some engineers were moved here by a magic move TF, but were not offloaded. I'll wait to unload them tomorrow. That will be a theme over these next few days. I will land paratroopers at landing sites that are expected to be empty and will then offload the main body of troops from amphibious TFs parked offshore the next day. This will hopefully keep Bill in the dark regarding which combat units are going where. He will know that paratroopers took the base, but he won't have any idea who, if anyone, follows up.

Taytay - a small detachment from the 1st Yokosuka SNLF was airdropped by the 2-plane Mavis unit that starts the game in Japan. I transferred it to Kagi and Taytay was just within its range. I will airlift the 32nd JAAF Coy and transfer a Jake unit there tomorrow. This will give me some eyeballs over the central Philippines.

Future Para Ops - the rest of the 1st Yokosuka SNLF is being transported to Cam Ranh Bay. After tomorrow, the whole unit should be there. From here, a small detachment will be airdropped onto Port Dickson on turn 3. This should throw a small wrench into any plans Bill may have to use the rail lines to retreat back to Singapore. Tomorrow, a small detachment of the 3rd Yokosuka SNLF will be airdropped onto Digos from Vigan. The next day, the main body of troops for the conquest of Davao, Dadjangas and Cotobato will land here. Again, the idea is to keep the identity of my LCUs unknown to Bill.

Now for the BIG NEWS! Kaga's Vals and Kates caught Force Z just NE of Bangka Island. Each of the big boys took several torpedo hits. Next turn, I'm going to move Kaga a bit closer to their last reported location and hopefully finish them off. If I can, it will more than make up for the anemic Pearl Harbor strike!

China - I hope to keep things relatively uneventful here. Whenever I play against the AI, I get steamrolled, especially along the coast between Canton and Shanghai. I know the AI gets massive supply bonuses to keep it competitive, so maybe that's the reason I don't fare well here. Perhaps against a human, the Chinese supply situation will be a bit more dire. In any event, I'll look to hit him where he is weak and in the open. Other than that, if I can maintain a status quo, I'll be happy.

Ship Production

Naval Shipyards - each will be expanded by 30, one point at a time over the first month or so depending on supply status. Alternatively, I am thinking of just converting some of the Merchant Shipyards over. What do you guys think? Shinano will be halted as well as the first 5-10 subs scheduled to arrive. Yamato and Musashi will be built at the basic rate. All Unryu Class CVs will be accelerated to the maximum extent possible.

Merchant Shipyards - no expansion. Most will be shut off on occasion as points accumulate. I will build all tankers, CVEs, CSs, Auxiliaries, AOs, APs, Mine Warfare Vessels and Patrols. Most xAKs will be halted and restarted to replace losses.

Repair Shipyards - no expansion initially. Eventually some will be expanded as the economy takes care of higher priority issues.

Air Production - I'll provide a table (shown below) to highlight my plans here. The first section is aircraft currently being produced. The second section shows which aircraft I would like to build in the future. The final section shows the depth of research devoted to select types/series. Engines will be expanded to meet needs.

Other Industry

Vehicles will be expanded by a total of about 30 at first. Eventually, I believe I will need to expand quite a bit more. Any suggestions from more experienced players?

No other expansion planned as of now.

Base Expansion

Ports - Fusan - 8, Hakodate - 7, Ominato - 9, Nagasaki - 9, Truk - 7

Airfileds - Singkawang, Jolo, Patani, Jehol - at least 4, probably higher as their individual situations dictate.

Initial Offensives - Screenshots To Be Posted

Attachments
AAR Air Production.jpg
AAR Air Production.jpg (193.25 KiB) Viewed 180 times
obvert

Post by obvert »

Just saw the AAR. Glad to see you're doing one! Good luck and Banzai!!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Thanks. I'm going to need it.
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Here's the plan for Malaya.

Attachments
MalayaPlans.jpg
MalayaPlans.jpg (351.68 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

And Singkawang/Palembang

Attachments
Singkawang..raPlans.jpg
Singkawang..raPlans.jpg (365.78 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

And Luzon

Attachments
Luzon.jpg
Luzon.jpg (412.4 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

And Davao

Attachments
DavaoPlans.jpg
DavaoPlans.jpg (252.41 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

And Ambon/Celebes/Timor

Attachments
AmbonCel..orPlans.jpg
AmbonCel..orPlans.jpg (487.93 KiB) Viewed 180 times
obvert

Post by obvert »

Your route on Sumatra is a tad difficult if your opponent plans to defend the area. Batavia could have torp capability, Merak should have mines, and Palembang could be fairly difficult by the time you've marched all of the way across Sumatra if he's sending anything there.

It's an interesting idea, but why go farther into the defense so early? His surface ships will get to take easy runs at anything you're bringing into those areas and he'll have control of the air as well.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: obvert

Your route on Sumatra is a tad difficult if your opponent plans to defend the area. Batavia could have torp capability, Merak should have mines, and Palembang could be fairly difficult by the time you've marched all of the way across Sumatra if he's sending anything there.

It's an interesting idea, but why go farther into the defense so early? His surface ships will get to take easy runs at anything you're bringing into those areas and he'll have control of the air as well.

I'm suspecting this as well, but I'm escorting the amphibious TFs with 2 SCTFs with 2 Kongos and 2 CAs each. Force Z has been incapicitated and will probably be eliminated next turn, so I'm not worried about his surface ships. As for mines, I'm bringing 8 DMS with me. I will send them to the hex NW of Merak so they can clear mines from Merak without having to enter Batavia. So, I'm not too worried about mines either.

I really don't want to try a direct assault on Palembang. He'll probably mine it to pieces and there is a CD unit located there that would chew my minesweepers up.

As for him having control of the air, I'm not terribly afraid of the Dutch level bombers. They can't hit anything.

So, for the price of the march, I'll take Palembang without having to worry about mines. Also, by taking Benkoelen and Oosthaven, I will force him to reinforce Palembang directly be sea if he chooses to do so. And Kaga and Ryujo will be waiting for him, along with some Netties at Singkawang and a CA force or two. Easy pickings if you ask me. [:D]
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Dec 8th 1941

Pearl Harbor

KB moved North at full speed to put some distance between it and the relatively intact Pacific Fleet. Since KB had been stripped of its surface assets for use in the SRA, I didn't feel comfortable sticking around for a second strike. The CAs that start in Chichijima are on the way East to meet up with the carriers and provide some surface cover for them. Four tankers from the magic move tanker TF are also moving to meet up with KB for refueling operations.

Force Z

Kaga's planes didn't launch any strikes, despite the fact that the battered Force Z was sighted just sfour hexes SW of their position! I'd be really peeved if those two BBs get away!

In addition, SS-121 intercepted a TF containing the remnant of Force Z in the hex between Billiton and Toboali. I had sent her there hoping exactly for this kind of intercept. However, it went horribly and freakishly wrong! She got hit by a DC and was forced to surface. She was then hit by a single 14" shell from POW. Needless to say, I got the message "Sub sinks beneath the waves". Damn. How many subs have been sunk by the main armament of a BB?

Malaya

Elements of the 18th Division that landed at Kota Bharu performed a deliberate attack today as did the elements of the 5th Division that landed at Kuantan. Lilys based at Kompong Trach performed ground support for the attack at Kuantan. Sallys from Phnom Penh and Kompong Chnang and Anns and Sonias from Patani supported the attack at Kota Bharu. Both bases fell to the the forces of the empire. Banzai!

Singkawang

Kaga and the Kongos and CAs from KB have been detached and are stationed one hex off of Singkawang covering the invasion TF as well as two other amphibious TFs. One carries support troops for Singkawang and the other carries troops set for the invasion of S Sumatra (Oosthaven and Benkoelen). The invasion TF unloaded the 124th Rgt in its entirety and the two sections of the 81st NB that start the game at Cam Ranh Bay. Once the base is taken, the support troops will land and the S Sumatra invasion TF will be sent off towads Oosthaven with Kaga and a couple of SCTFs covering. Ryujo's magic move TF moved to Cam Ranh Bay on turn one. Its airgroups have been resized and upgraded to 30 Zeros and 18 B5N1 Kates. She will move south to join up with Kaga

Mindanao

A detachment from the 3rd Yokosuka SNLF paradropped from Vigan onto Digos using the Mavis transports that start the game in the Central Pacific. A TF carrying the 1st and 2nd Kure SNLFs as well as the Kimura and Miura Detachments will unload there tomorrow. The 5th Air Division is also in this TF as well as engineers and aviation support units. This collection of troops will march overland to take Davao, Dadjangas and Cotobato. From Cotabato, some of the aviation support and all of the engineers will be shipped off to Jolo (which will be taken by another paradrop by the 3rd Yokosuka SNLF from Vigan next turn). The goal is to turn Jolo into a level four torpedo capable airfield as quickly as possible.

Ambon/Ternate

A small invasion TF carrying the 1st JAAF Coy landed at Ternate. It formed up one hex SE of Talaud Eilanden along with the Mindanao invasion TF and a couple of TFs bound for Ambon and Makassar. These troops were all sent there on turn one using a combination of magic move TFs based at Samah, Pescadores, Takao and Babeldoab. The Ambon invassion TF consists of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 8th Sasebo SNLFSs and the 15th and 16th NGs. The Makassar invasion TF consists of the 146th Rgt and the 2nd and 8th Tank Rgts.

Luzon

Yesterday, Vigan fell to a paradrop by the 3rd Yokosuka SNLF. Today, support units landed along with the Tanaka and Kanno detachments. A couple of the JAAF Bns that landed will march north to take Laoag.

An invasion TF consisting of the 65th Brigade, the 2nd Formosa Rgt, the 47th Rgt, the 48th Eng Rgt, the 48th FA Rgt, the 48th Recon Rgt and the 4th and 7th Tank Rgts landed at Lingayen. They will perform a deliberate attack tomorrow. In addition, a minelaying TF consisting of the CMs and the mine-capable PBs that start in Takao laid a minefield at Lingayen - just in case Bill tries anything tricky with his limited surface forces in the area.

Central Pacific

I'm doing something odd here. I've read some other AARs where allied players moved LBs to Rabaul and hit the Japanese fleet at Truk. In others, they used the two CV TFs that start west of Pearl to do some raids on Kwajalein. Since KB has fled northward at full speed, there isn't much to prevent Bill from trying this. So, I am temporarily relocating the ships stationed at Truk and Kwajalein to Saipan to avoid any such nonsense if Bill tries anything.

Allied B-17s

They surprised me at Babeldoab and Samah, sinking some minor vessels (an AMc and a couple of xAKLs). Nothing serious, but I won't let that happen again!

I'll post some screenshots in a little bit.
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Here's Malaya at the start of the Dec 9th turn.

Attachments
MalayaEnd128.jpg
MalayaEnd128.jpg (364.45 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Return to “After Action Reports”