PBEM Problem?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

PBEM Problem?

Post by Icedawg »

Is it normal for much of the information from the intelligence window to be missing on turn 1 in a PBEM? I just noticed that the little arrow/button is missing from several of the options on the screen. Will these arrows/buttons be available on turn 2?

Attachments
ForumPost18.jpg
ForumPost18.jpg (119.35 KiB) Viewed 16 times
ny59giants

RE: PBEM Problem?

Post by ny59giants »

YES!!
[center]Image[/center]
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

YES!!

Whew! I'm glad it's supposed to be this way! I had a few extra hours this morning before going into work and sat down to enter some orders for turn one of a GC PBEM I'm starting against Kyhberbill. I spent about 4 hours setting up my industry and setting some initial objectives for LCUs when I noticed it. I thought I had just wasted my entire morning and had some kind of virus or something.

Follow up question - why is it like this? What's the point of not being able to see this info until turn 2?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg
ORIGINAL: ny59giants

YES!!

Whew! I'm glad it's supposed to be this way! I had a few extra hours this morning before going into work and sat down to enter some orders for turn one of a GC PBEM I'm starting against Kyhberbill. I spent about 4 hours setting up my industry and setting some initial objectives for LCUs when I noticed it. I thought I had just wasted my entire morning and had some kind of virus or something.

Follow up question - why is it like this? What's the point of not being able to see this info until turn 2?

You must have Variable reinforcements ON. Of course then you would not see reinforcement schedules until first turn has been run and game has randomized the arrival dates.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

adsoul64

Post by adsoul64 »

Probably you're playing with variable reinforcement. Per manual 2.7.1
If starting a PBEM game with variable reinforcement times selected, neither player will be able
to view their reinforcements in their Intel screen on their first turn.

My bet is that availabilty date is calculated at the first resolution phase, but it's just a bet.
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Yup, reinforcements are variable, so that would do it. Thanks guys.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Yup, reinforcements are variable, so that would do it. Thanks guys.
Good, that means I might get photon torpedoes for my biplanes early.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”