Troop Editor

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

rogerbacon51

Troop Editor

Post by rogerbacon51 »

Troop Editor for Distant Worlds version 1.7.0.7
by Roger Bacon (6/24/2012)

This is a small program that allows you to change a few of the game's settings for troops.

Download here:
http://www.filedropper.com/troopeditor_1

Igard

RE: Troop Editor

Post by Igard »

Looks great Roger! [8D]

The instruction call for us to backup our DistantWorlds.Types.dll file, however I can't find this. What's its location?
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

ORIGINAL: Igard

Looks great Roger! [8D]

The instruction call for us to backup our DistantWorlds.Types.dll file, however I can't find this. What's its location?

It's in your Distant Worlds directory. If you launch Distant Worlds from a shortcut it will be in the same folder. You can right click on the shortcut and choose "open file location" to go to the file.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Hmmm.. afraid it's not there for me. I'm running the latest beta, so perhaps that's why the file isn't appearing for me. Though I didn't realise the betas changed anything like this.

rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

Hmmm.. afraid it's not there for me. I'm running the latest beta, so perhaps that's why the file isn't appearing for me. Though I didn't realise the betas changed anything like this.

Try a search of your system and see if you can find it. If you can, then you can navigate to it with the "open DLL" button, however I doubt the editor will work with a different version of the dll. If you find out where it is, be sure to let me know because I am interested in hearing what changes the next patch will make.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

It is neat... and useful too since the next release will be more about ground combat. :)
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Igard

Post by Igard »

It doesn't seem to be anywhere on my system. I don't need to mod anything right now anyway, I'll wait for the next update. [:)]
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

It doesn't seem to be anywhere on my system. I don't need to mod anything right now anyway, I'll wait for the next update. [:)]

Unless they changed the whole game structure in the patch it has to be somewhere on your system. Do you haev file extentions for known file types turned off?
Igard

Post by Igard »

Hide file extentions for known file types is turned off, show hidden folders is on. It's one of the first things I do when I install windows fresh.

Very odd. I'm not too bothered about using the tool editor, though it does look useful, I'm more concerned now that I don't have access to files you guys have.

I just remembered also I've got an install of Return of the Shakturi, and it's not there either.[&:]
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: rogerbacon50

Unless they changed the whole game structure in the patch it has to be somewhere on your system. Do you haev file extentions for known file types turned off?

Just curious Roger...what OS version of Windows are you running?
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

ORIGINAL: rogerbacon50

Unless they changed the whole game structure in the patch it has to be somewhere on your system. Do you have file extentions for known file types turned off?

Just curious Roger...what OS version of Windows are you running?

Windows 7, 64-bit.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

That might be the reason Igard and others don't have the 'DistantWorlds.Types.dll' file.
Windows XP SP3 and Vista users may not have this file the way Elliot configures the game.
(ie. DotNet usage, etc.)
(Just a thought!) [:)]
Igard

Post by Igard »

I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit.[:)]
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

We think the information in the DLLs was merged into the exe since the new exe is bigger by about 2 MB, which is the size of the two missing DLLs.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

That would make 'very logical sense' as Mr. Spock would put it. [:)]

Attachments
Spock2_Fed..bassador.gif
Spock2_Fed..bassador.gif (25.85 KiB) Viewed 164 times
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit.[:)]

Moi aussie!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Design and Modding”