Strafing: Float Planes too hard to kill

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rusty1961

Strafing: Float Planes too hard to kill

Post by Rusty1961 »

I'm sorry, but strafing is really underrated in this game. Most of the float-planes would be kindling in the first pass of most of the attackers in this game.

Routinely, I lose more planes as the attacker than I kill.

I mean look at that. One P-39 would/could be able to toast most of those planes in one pass.

I could understand some level 6,7,,8 or 9 base having special hangers for float planes, but the reality is that the small bases didn't have them and the float planes would be sitting ducks.

Rant off.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Rusty1961

RE: Strafing: Float Planes too hard to kill

Post by Rusty1961 »

Not sure why the picture blew-up so large...will attempt to fix.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
bk19@mweb.co.za

Post by bk19@mweb.co.za »

I think that you will find that all images of size 1078 * 886 pixels will look a little large on this web page. [;)]
treespider

Post by treespider »

Haven't seen the picture, but your assuming all of the floatplanes are sitting in base when you show up to strafe them. Perhaps your strafers showed up when the fp were out and about
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Dan Nichols

Post by Dan Nichols »

A date and location for the picture might add some context. If this was a base somewhat back from the front your P-39s would run out of gas before they got there. I would expect a base close to the front would have some kind of camouflage netting up.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
Nikademus

Post by Nikademus »

takes a nice set of conditions and timing to catch planes on the ground. Grigsby always abstracted this by making it tough to acomplish. When we tweaked it in favor of heavier consistant losses on the ground back in the day......it unbalanced the game.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”