anyone try patch

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
bairdlander2

anyone try patch

Post by bairdlander2 »

anyone try the newest patch?
Missouri_Rebel

RE: anyone try patch

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

We're waiting for you to do it so we know how to, in fact, install it. It's so arcane.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

wont it install like the previous patch?
Im going out right now,I will try when i get back
budd

Post by budd »

Looks like 3 parts. My question is ...is the engine update an self run exe. Like before meaning you don't run it thru the update screen. The other 2 parts look like you run thru the updater. I'm at work , won't get to it till later,hopefully you guys have it worked out by then.....I also had another 001 error, hope they don't start happening more often again.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
lavish

Post by lavish »

Everything works as usual.

Engine update is .exe file that you install "normally".

Everything else, including mods, are installed/enabled through game updater. This makes it easy to deside what mod / update has the highest priority for overrriding gamefiles when you start the game.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

It works for me:

1. Download and run the 580 update first. This allows the patch to be utilised by the game engine.

2. Run the game and confirm that it says version 580 in the top right corner of the main menu window.

3. Download the May12 patch. Extract the patch to a folder of your choice. I created a special folder for this patch to make sure that it doesn't overwrite any earlier downloads and that I can find it easily.

4. To run the game updater you can simply click on the game version at top right of the main menu - the line of text up there.

5. Once the game installer runs, I uninstalled the earlier update, DLCs, etc. This is not necessary - just being careful.

6. Next, click Install at bottom left of the game installer window.

7. Browse to the folder containing the downloaded patch.

8. Open the CORE folder and locate the desc.addpack file. Select it.

9. Wait until the install completes.

10. Repeat the process to download and install the operations updates (optional). This file is over 1GB. I installed this.

11. Click Save & Play or whatever it says - my game is running at the moment.

Probably the toughest patching process I have ever seen :) but I haven't had any crashes yet - fingers crossed...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
GBS

Post by GBS »

Well Red buddy, I always appreciate your efforts but if you can't get past step #2 it's pretty useless. I have no choice but clean my hard drive of any visage of this great fuggin game and start over and hope it works. This time I will not install the game into the program file. Can you tell I'm a little fuggin pissed....?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

Went ahead and got both DLC's and played several QB's. I like the summer map and i think I like the new way of moving units - gives you two different ways to do it. So far I like what I am seeing.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: GBS

Well Red buddy, I always appreciate your efforts but if you can't get past step #2 it's pretty useless. I have no choice but clean my hard drive of any visage of this great fuggin game and start over and hope it works. This time I will not install the game into the program file. Can you tell I'm a little fuggin pissed....?

:( I am on my 5th reinstall so I share your pain. But I still don't regret going through the process to get the thing running smoothly (touch wood!)
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
radic202

Post by radic202 »

Well after about 7 installs and uninstalls I FINALLY figured it out! Now I am sure that this may not be the "official" way to install it but it worked for me and I am no computer expert, just a little OCD and won't quit before I try everything.

The trick for me and hopefully for others is after installing the Main Game, patch it with the "op_star_game_update_eng_v577" simply install it in the same Folder as the Vanilla Game, launch the game directly and check the version you have (upper right corner).

After, install the op_star_game_update_v580_eng_v2 again in the exact same folder as the Vanilla Game. Now more then likely this is where we had trouble as our game won't launch, simply install k43t_apos_patch_may12_eng_v3 next. Launch your game and you should see version 5.80 and May 12th on the upper right of the screen.

At one point but can't remember exactly at which patch: The Computer will tell you it needs to a re-start/reboot. Do so as this had never happened in previous installs.Once rebooted, launch the game.

Unzip k43t_apos_upd_dist_taran_rakit_may12_eng in a folder on your desktop (call it Panzer Star if you wish).

Launch the game and once in the game menu click on Update go to install and direct it to the Folder you just unzipped the patch too and choose desc.addpack file. You should see a small Clock box with an installation banner.

I was finally even able to install both add-ons (Summer 42 and Sokolovo 43) the exact same way as the last patch.

This is what you need to DL from Gamersgate, I did not install the other small patches as I finally had everything working and did not want to take any chances!!!

(form another thread)
Download following items:

k43t_apos_patch_may12_eng_v3
(this is the actual patch that changes content of the game like mods)

op_star_game_update_v580_eng_v2
(this updates the game engine to be compatible with the new patch - install first)

k43t_apos_upd_dist_taran_rakit_may12_eng
(this updates taranovka and rakitnoe maps: some changes and new look - optional, but recommended)

Good Luck and hopefully I did not forget a step in my very primitive and non-computer-expert explanation.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Why would you have to reboot?Experts?Anyone?[&:]
radic202

Post by radic202 »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Why would you have to reboot?Experts?Anyone?[&:]

Yea I was wondering that as well. I just simply saw the pop-up and went "well that is something new" after all the installs to get this to work, something new that I had not seen before, so I did it. There is a possibility that it was a more coincidence but I was not doing anything else except having the Media Server running at that time from my computer.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
budd

Post by budd »

I had 4 reinstalls before i got it right, no reboot messages for me at all.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”