Patch

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
budd

RE: Patch

Post by budd »

well might as well add my misery to everyone else's. I downloaded the gamersgate 580 exe. ran it and said it installed correctly, strange thing is the game update pops up everytime and it says the same thing it did before i ran the 580 exe. The best part is the game won't start now. going to try to download the graviteam 580 and try to run that, of course the link on graviteam doesn't work, i'm talking about the new graviteam site. Well i think i saw a link in this thread i'll try that.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
budd

Post by budd »

well used the link in this thread and downloaded the graviteam 580 and no luck same thing happened.
this pops up everytime after i run the 580 exe. No idea what to do next, game still wont start.

Let me guess i'm going to have to reinstall..........AGAIN
Attachments
ScreenShot005.jpg
ScreenShot005.jpg (85.16 KiB) Viewed 143 times

0311USMC

Post by 0311USMC »

From Flashburn on graviteam forum........

----No need to uninstall........just move up on updater list. These files install to thier own folders and the updater basicly tells the game in what order to read the files. Last on the list is read first then so on....so things on the top of the list over writes things lower on the list. It does this everytime game is started.----

On my installer
1.Gameupdate 3.08
2.District update 1.03
3.Addon Blau 1942 1.06
4.Addon Sokolovo 1943 1.05

Am going to try this now... if it breaks I'll be right back
to let you know[:)]
While few men, legislators or otherwise,have felt down the years
that they could command ships of the line or marshal air armies
without specialized training, almost any fool has felt in his heart
he could command a regiment.

T.R.Fehrenbach
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

I have matrix version and it installed just fine.
I have UAC turned off.
My AV is not super aggressive and silent unlike Norton or McAfee.
I rarely install apps to my C drive.

Go to apos directory and r-click starter.exe and select properties and set under compatibility for all users to run as admin.

One thought, if the 580 update says it installed successfully then maybe it did, open up windows explorer and see if there is another apos install directory (perhaps it is updating to the wrong folder). When 580 update really is successful the modified date on the update.cmd file will change and you can also d-click it to start the update utility.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
budd

Post by budd »

Ok anyone have any suggestions besides re-install? I turned off my anti-virus just in case and redownloaded the file, no difference.Game won't start, even trying to start from inside the directory rather than the icon...no dice. I'm not installed in program files, none of the add-on are installed. I look in the folder and i see files dated for today and a few text files refering to the 580 update, but like i said i cant even start the game. Something appears wrong here[8|]

0311USMC

Post by 0311USMC »

All bells and whistles work so far even seem to have new music?

Now forgive me for a personal rant My tricked out gaming laptop has been
out for repair for over a week..came back to the geek squad today and
backlit keyboard does not work and they have to send it back to repair shop
[:@][:(][:@]

Been playing on 24$ a week laptop from rent a center...it works but
can not wait to see this game with all settings on high!!!

Off rant

I feel the wows of those having trouble!
While few men, legislators or otherwise,have felt down the years
that they could command ships of the line or marshal air armies
without specialized training, almost any fool has felt in his heart
he could command a regiment.

T.R.Fehrenbach
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

@budd 1st d-click that update.cmd file in apos game directory.
Now uninstall the old stuff. then install the new stuff after you have ran the self extracting apps (game update - 335MB and the district update - 1.01 GB). When you press the install button it wants you to find the desc.addpack file, it is in the folder where you extracted it to. Do this for both of them and any other add ons and what not.
Witp-AE
budd

Post by budd »

Thx for the suggestions...no dice tried them already. The 580 exe tries to default install to programfiles/graviteam/achtungpanzer i switch to the directory i installed it too. Looked for other folders don't see them. UAC is turned off and i have the only account on this computer, but i tried to run as admin anyway, no luck. Looks like i'm headed to a reinstall again. If i reinstall do i have to do the all the core updates and patches? or just the latest.

will try that in a few, must of been posting at the same time. Go run some errands now.
One question i'll uninstall the stuff but do i have to do all the engine updates or just the lastest.

BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Thx for the suggestions...no dice tried them already. The 580 exe tries to default install to programfiles/graviteam/achtungpanzer i switch to the directory i installed it too. Looked for other folders don't see them. UAC is turned off and i have the only account on this computer, but i tried to run as admin anyway, no luck. Looks like i'm headed to a reinstall again. If i reinstall do i have to do the all the core updates and patches? or just the latest.

read post above
Witp-AE
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

will try that in a few, must of been posting at the same time. Go run some errands now.
One question i'll uninstall the stuff but do i have to do all the engine updates or just the lastest.

just the latest as it contains all previous updates.
Witp-AE
budd

Post by budd »

I uninstalled all the stuff in the game updater tried to run the 580 exe. again said it installed correctly, but game still wont start. I wonder if it has to be installed in the default directory..really i have no idea. I should just be able to run 580 exe and move on to the next update but just cant get it to go.
ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Now uninstall the old stuff. then install the new stuff after you have ran the self extracting apps (game update - 335MB and the district update - 1.01 GB). When you press the install button it wants you to find the desc.addpack file, it is in the folder where you extracted it to. Do this for both of them and any other add ons and what not.

BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

I uninstalled all the stuff in the game updater tried to run the 580 exe. again said it installed correctly, but game still wont start. I wonder if it has to be installed in the default directory..really i have no idea. I should just be able to run 580 exe and move on to the next update but just cant get it to go.

I had the same problem, go to apos game directory and double click update.cmd file then the update utility will appear.
Witp-AE
budd

Post by budd »

I can start the updater just fine, i uninstalled everything in the updater see below. Tried starting the game..no joy..tried save and play...no joy. The program stopped responding window just keeps popping up. I've run the 580 exe many times, says it installed correctly, but game wont start and there is nothing that shows in the updater window after running it.

Attachments
ScreenShot006.jpg
ScreenShot006.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 160 times

BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

I can start the updater just fine, i uninstalled everything in the updater see below. Tried starting the game..no joy..tried save and play...no joy. The program stopped responding window just keeps popping up. I've run the 580 exe many times, says it installed correctly, but game wont start and there is nothing that shows in the updater window after running it.

Now press the install button and find the desc.addpack file. Do this for the two big self extracting zip files you downloaded.

Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Witp-AE
budd

Post by budd »

I understand what your saying, but as far as i know the 580 engine update has to be installed first before the patch and district update files. the 580 isnt run thru the updater as far as in know. I never got the engine update to install correctly. It's self run exe. just click and run, and then do the desc.addpack files. am i wrong here?

BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

It sounds like the 580 ran fine now use the update utility to finish.
Witp-AE
budd

Post by budd »

I nuked it...cleaned out the registry, disk scan, ect, ect, ect, Damn i was about to get a minor victory in my op. so once i get to vanilla[installing now] just to be sure, i just have to install the 580 and then the may patch thru the updater and then the district update....correct.

By the way thx for the help BigJ62...appreciate it.
Redmarkus i got the gamersgate installer to work without redownloading, should save me some time.

here we go again.....[;)]

budd

Post by budd »

it said it installed correctly, but the game wouldnt open. so your saying assume it did and install the patch and the district update using the game updater. I ran the 580 exe and then tried to start the game to confirm, but the game wouldnt start.

i'm back to vanilla...run the 580 exe from here...right.

BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

Yes, worked for me. I had the same problem so use the update utility directly.
Witp-AE
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

it said it installed correctly, but the game wouldnt open. so your saying assume it did and install the patch and the district update using the game updater. I ran the 580 exe and then tried to start the game to confirm, but the game wouldnt start.

i'm back to vanilla...run the 580 exe from here...right.
ok that should work to.
Witp-AE

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”