Battle Academy is a virus threat?!

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Cannon Cocker

Battle Academy is a virus threat?!

Post by Cannon Cocker »

I bought game as it claims to be I-Pad compatible. I was unable to download it to my I-Pad so, I decided to try and down load it to my HP desktop and try to figure out how to move it from my desktop to the Apple. Anyway, Norton 360 goes into an “Anaylizing BattleAcademy-Full” mode. Then it says “Treat found: BattlesAcademy-Full.” I cannot down load the basic Battle Academy file. What do I do? The Battle Academy - Blitzkrieg France down loaded just fine but when I bought that it said I needed the basic Battle Academy game too.
Cannon Cocker
Lord Zimoa

RE: Battle Academy is a virus threat?!

Post by Lord Zimoa »

That is a what we call a false-positive and Norton sees BA as a threat, make sure to report it to Norton so they adapt their white list of applications that are allowed.

There must be a way to bypass Norton by hand so you can play BA, have a look in the Norton manual/help files or maybe best; contact the Norton helpdesk.

Some AV programs are just annoying in blocking innocent software, just because they don`t have it on their white/approved lists...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton- ... on=current

or

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-3 ... 360_forums

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes this is a false positive.

No games are iPad/PC compatible - the only way to buy games for an iPad is via the iTunes store. The game is available now in iTunes and you just need to use the purchase link to take you there.

Here is the iPad version link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-a ... d499901136
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Cannon Cocker

Post by Cannon Cocker »

Ian,
Thank you for the helpful information. I have now bought Battle Academy via I-Tunes (not intuitive at all) but now want to buy the Blitzkrieg France scenario. I can see it of $9.99 but can’t touch anything om the screen to allow me to buy it before the end of the 12 June sale. Hunting for it via I-tunes is no better. Do you have a hint for that? I just received the I-Pad as a gift so I am totally clueless.
Kevin
Cannon Cocker
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you want to buy it for iPad, all expansions are dealt with as in App purchases (IAP). This is just the way Apple and iTunes works. You have to buy them in the game. We don't have any control over this or any other way to do it. There is no other options for buying anything for an Apple device. Once you understand that you'll be fine!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Cannon Cocker

Post by Cannon Cocker »

Iain, Thank you for the help. I finally sorted it out with some more details from the Matrix help desk.
Kevin
Cannon Cocker

Return to “Tech Support”