SNLF vs. IJA Squads

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wege80

SNLF vs. IJA Squads

Post by wege80 »

Hi to you out there!

Being new to the forums thought somebody from this great community could help me:

Looking through my ground forces in China I thought about some force relocation, regarding some SNLF Forces (Shanghai SNLG, Anking SNLF etc.) and using them in the pacific theatre as island assault/defence forces.

What now strikes me is are there any advantages during amph. assault, faster unloading from ships, better AV value during amph. assault, better defence AV during enemy amph. assault etc for these SNLF Squads/SNLF HMG Squads and SNLF Forces in general or could I simply use IJA forces (regiments, brigades etc.) for island hopping and defense in the pacific theatre as well (not just to say using SNLF forces just for historical purpose) regarding their attcking and defensive capabilities?

Thanks in advance
Chris
obvert

RE: SNLF vs. IJA Squads

Post by obvert »

You will need a lot of smaller garrison forces in China, and these will need to be bought using your precious PPs to be moved to the Pacific. Have a look at the ground forces queue as well. You'll get a ton of these SNLF/Naval Guard units. They will already be assigned to SE Fleet or 4th Fleet for the most part, so don't require the PPs to move right out to the islands.

So my advice is to leave them in China and try to maximize their garrison covering ability by putting them in a base that has a garrison requirement close to their AV value (or higher in combination with other units).
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
wege80

Post by wege80 »

Okay that sounds logical! PP are always short of ...
So there are also no advantadges in amphibious fighting for those SNLF's?
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: wege80

Okay that sounds logical! PP are always short of ...
So there are also no advantadges in amphibious fighting for those SNLF's?

Only disadvantages, I think SNLF squads have less firepower than IJA squads.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Normally they are lighter forces and do not carry the heavy equipment that regular Japanese infantry units do. They are good for seizing empty or lightly defended bases and easily air or fast transported in emergencies. They are not going to stand up to Allied units with good devices so are less valuable for defense especially later in the war.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
KPAX

Post by KPAX »

And by the way, WE, welcome!! Glad to have you with us![;)]
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX
wege80

Post by wege80 »

ORIGINAL: KPAX

And by the way, WE, welcome!! Glad to hve you with us![;)]

Thanks very much, KPAX! Nice to be in this community!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”