Map editor graphic problem

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

RJL5188

Map editor graphic problem

Post by RJL5188 »

why does my map editior look like this and how can i fix it?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 34 times
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
junk2drive

RE: Map editor graphic problem

Post by junk2drive »

Have you installed any Mods or the Korean War game? What operating system?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

no mods...windows 7 64bit
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Do you run the game in XP compatibility mode?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

i will now when i want to create a random map...the numbers dont line up though...but thats not that importaint...it was the hex numbers i needed to see...thanks junk...u da man
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

What it looks like is the old fashioned 8 bit graphics are not happy with modern machines.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Map Editor exe seems to be the touchy one. Try opening up the Properties for the exe and disable Desktop Composition. It is there somewhere in the advanced options.

That seems to fix a lot of display thingies for W7 64bit users. Helped to solve my distortion problems.

Hope this helps...
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”