the voice of the Grand Poobah

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

brian brian

the voice of the Grand Poobah

Post by brian brian »

I like it when it is slow in here. Means things are getting done.

But to get you through the slow times, check out the link below. One of the coolest WiF things I have run across in a long time, having never heard Harry Rowland's voice before:

http://gunsdicebutter.libsyn.com/webpag ... ay-25-2012

That is an audio podcast featuring an interview with Harry that is over an hour long, iirc. I listened to most of it on my phone driving down the road the other day after I discovered a link to it on the Yahoo newsgroup/list. The 21st Century is so amazing sometimes.

Somewhere in there the host dropped a cool idea on how to learn to play paper-and-cardboard wargames: just watch a YouTube video explaining it all. I rarely watch YouTube as I rarely have the bandwidth and time to do it (and one shouldn't watch videos whilst driving down the road). But I just gotta poke around sometime and see if some of my favorite games are on there.

It gave me an idea for Steve - perhaps the training videos to be included with MWiF could be uploaded to YouTube as part of the marketing.... ???

edit: I tried to borrow my own link for a friend and discovered I had posted it a bit wrong, sorry folks. worked OK if you copy&paste but not clicking on it. you'll have to try copy&paste now
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: the voice of the Grand Poobah

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: brian brian

But to get you through the slow times, check out the link below. One of the coolest WiF things I have run across in a long time, having never heard Harry Rowland's voice before:

http://gunsdicebutter.libsyn.com/webpage/guns-dice-butter-episode-v-may-25-2012

That is an audio podcast featuring an interview with Harry that is over an hour long, iirc. I listened to most of it on my phone driving down the road the other day after I discovered a link to it on the Yahoo newsgroup/list. The 21st Century is so amazing sometimes.

Somewhere in there the host dropped a cool idea on how to learn to play paper-and-cardboard wargames: just watch a YouTube video explaining it all. I rarely watch YouTube as I rarely have the bandwidth and time to do it (and one shouldn't watch videos whilst driving down the road). But I just gotta poke around sometime and see if some of my favorite games are on there.

It gave me an idea for Steve - perhaps the training videos to be included with MWiF could be uploaded to YouTube as part of the marketing.... ???
That decision is up to Matrix.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Joseignacio

RE: the voice of the Grand Poobah

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: brian brian

http://gunsdicebutter.libsyn.com/webpage/guns-dice-butter-episode-v-may-25-2012

I have a friend who has made and uploaded some amateur videos explaining how to play several board games (usually wargames).

Return to “World in Flames”