Any way to increase troop numbers

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

rogerbacon51

Any way to increase troop numbers

Post by rogerbacon51 »

Is there any empire setting that determines how quickly troops can be recruited? Is TroopRegenerationFactor related to that? If not, what does it do?
ehsumrell1

RE: Any way to increase troop numbers

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: rogerbacon50

Is there any empire setting that determines how quickly troops can be recruited? Is TroopRegenerationFactor related to that? If not, what does it do?
At the present time no. Although in Legends, certain characters, Leaders, Colony Governors and
Scientists, can have a troop recruitment skill rating (positive or negative) that will affect
troop recruitment speed if they possess that skill. In addition, the larger the planet population,
the faster the planet will recruit troops also.

TroopRegenerationFactor controls the speed by which damaged/injured troops return to their full
strength rating when on a planet. Usually after an invasion assault or defense. Hope this helps! [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

In Legends, the General characters are primarily the ones that can have a bonus to troop recruitment. Leaders and Colony Governors can as well, as I understand it, but Scientists cannot to my knowledge.

Medical components on ships and bases, as I understand it, effect the rate at which troops stationed within are restored to full strength. I believe that medical stations on a planet-bound base grants their bonus to planet-bound troops. Spaceport components seem to be recognized in planetary happiness ratings, anyway, so I'd expect they'd have an effect on troops as well.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Bebop Cola

In Legends, the General characters are primarily the ones that can have a bonus to troop recruitment. Leaders and Colony Governors can as well, as I understand it, but Scientists cannot to my knowledge.

In my previous post I forgot to mention that Scientists can have additional Skills such as Troop
Recruitment or Military/Civilian Ship Construction Speed. According to the Customization Guide they
are not listed for those skills, but they can have them if modded/edited and then used in a mod
in the Customization folder. The example below shows a Scientist in my Star Trek mod's character file
that has the Military Ship Construction Speed Skill added (#10) and it works. [:)]

0, Leah Brahms, 7, Leah Brahms_Fed_Scientist.png, Human, 10, 17, 14, 26, 15, 21, 16, 14, 21, 44, 81
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

Ah, yes then. If modded, scientists can have those skills.

I apologize, it seems we had a miscommunication. I assumed the OP was talking about the vanilla game so was explaining my understanding of it.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

No apology needed Bebop. You were correct when addressing the OP's issue because the
'vanilla' aspect of Legends only starts each race with 1 specific character only, unless
the race's characteristics have an added Intelligence Agent or two (Keterov for example).
Vanilla Legends' character generation system as Elliot has it does adhere to the codes in
the customization guide for each character type. But if modded, an Ambassador could have
troop recruitment skills (ie. like Amadala in Star Wars recruiting the Gungan)
{Oh, oh! I'd better not let Tjhkkr hear me example that!]

Attachments
JarJarBinks.jpg
JarJarBinks.jpg (24.02 KiB) Viewed 86 times
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought colony happiness also affected troop recruitment speed.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

This may be stating the obvious, but you can also build the robotics facility thing and have robot troops which build much quicker. [:)]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

ORIGINAL: feelotraveller

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought colony happiness also affected troop recruitment speed.

You are correct. Each point of happiness increases it between 1 and 2 percent.
Nihilist

Post by Nihilist »

Okay and is there a way to quickly Dele...decrease Troop Numbers? Means: why can't I select multiple Troops and retire them, like in the Ship-Screens? I recently hired to many troops and it was/is a scroll- and clickfest to reduce the numbers.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”