Engineers

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

k9mike

Engineers

Post by k9mike »

I have seen something about engineers building airstrips an such....how do you in act these abilities?Aso, the bridgingTroops...So, if you leave them on a river hex... they create a bridge to make easier for other units to cross? Or...do you have to do something special before this happens. Sorry for noob questions
Mike
James Ward

RE: Engineers

Post by James Ward »

In the stock games engineers cannot build anything. The bridge engineers act as a bridge while they are on a river. Once they leave the river the bridge is gone.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Thx James. So, In what game build do the Engineers do stuff? Looks like that Afrika Korp is going to be good...;)
Mike
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

Some of the mods look like they can 'build' stuff but I haven't tried any of them yet.
Josh

Post by Josh »

No I don't think engineers can build anything. While the idea is great most of the scenarios are way too short that they would be of much use... IMHO.
Bridge engineers for instance should be able to *build* a bridge instead of *being* a bridge, that bridge should also have the possibility of being destroyed/bombed, and that should inflict penalties on supply, and so forth and so on. But I fear that's not very Panzer Corps. Easy-Simple-Fun, that's PC.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

I like that idea Josh. Thats kinda what I thought they did....But, they dont explain enough in the manual about all the abilities and how to use them.
jturie

Post by jturie »

I was just going to post a question about the bridge engineers in that tutorial (just bought the game). There is no explanation anywhere that I can find about how they work. I just left them there and, lo and behold, a turn later my units could cross the river. Unfortunately, the unit attracted all kinds of fire from the enemy. I guess the best idea is to find a quieter crossing point and provide support units to help protect them.
RAM

Post by RAM »

ORIGINAL: jturie
Unfortunately, the unit attracted all kinds of fire from the enemy. I guess the best idea is to find a quieter crossing point and provide support units to help protect them.

Actually I use bridging units to establish bridgeheads. If you leave a bridging unit over a river and get no troops through, it's only natural that as the turn advances the enemy is going to primary it...do it all the way around. Set things up so the bridging units gets to the river before any of your other troops has moved. As soon as the bridging unit is on the river, the bridge is set up and you can pass your units to the other side instantly. That way you get to cross almost uninterrupted and with much less enemy opposition.

Dunno about you guys but for me in scenarios like the Barbarossa one, a couple bridging units are a must, one in the northern pzgruppe, other in the southern. Too many rivers to cross in the map and too tight a schedule for a decisive win, for you to take the luxury of losing whole turns because you couldn't capture a vital bridge in the map because a couple bad attack rolls (or because an unspotted enemy arty caused your whole attack to go FUBAR)
RAM

"Look at me! look at me!!!

Not like that! NOT LIKE THAT!!!"
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

dont engineers blow things up too and set minefields. they shd have mine laying features.

Return to “The War Room”