If only:

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Ironclad

If only:

Post by Ironclad »

One could play FOF pbem with the option of the tactical battles rathet than quick or instant. The great joy of FOF is having such great detailed battles with a full war campaign and its such a pity that the more demanding challenges provided by human opposition misses out on arguably the best part of the game which is restricted to AI games only. I know Brother against Brother when issued will allow even more detailed standalone and historical battles to be fought with an enhanced system better tailored for swifter pbem play. Is there any chance that the work done there would allow a swift update of FOF to permit detailed battles in pbem even if only for the larger actions? Yes it would make for much longer pbem games but they would be great ones with those wonderful sprites!

Gil R.

RE: If only:

Post by Gil R. »

Sadly, no chance -- the internal structure of BAB (I'm talking code stuff here) is very different from FOF, so the fact that we have it for BAB wouldn't make a difference. If BAB#1 does well we might put the programming energies into having campaign options in later releases. Too soon to tell. (And as for FOF, we're just not sure how many PBEM players would want to fight out battles as well. If/when we do FOF2 it could be an awful lot of work that would appeal to very few players, and not boost sales appreciably.)

On an unrelated note, I think it's pretty cool that this is the 150th anniversary of Robert E. Lee taking command of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”