Non historical DLC scenarios

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Lehnardtsson

Non historical DLC scenarios

Post by Lehnardtsson »

Hi,

I just tested the first DLC scenario of the 39’ campaign. What a big surprise to see a German offensive against Wroclaw….. German troops attacking Posnan from Frankfurt am Oder.......

All of us know that Breslau was a major German city at that time… So I feel disappointed by that. This is not the only mistake on that map.. it seems the Germans have to make the conquest of their own country in 1939.
If it was a user made map I could understand but from a DLC I really feel surprised.
How did you create that scenario?

VPaulus

RE: Non historical DLC scenarios

Post by VPaulus »

Lehnardtsson

Post by Lehnardtsson »

Ok thank you for answer. Honesttly this is a huge dissatifaction to read "we develop fun scenarios rather than historical scenario"
Why not making a "Bulge offensive on Topeka or "reveng at Manassas"? [&:]
I would like scenarios to be both fun and historical otherwise I by call of duty or fifa stuffs if just fun matters....
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I think you're overreacting... that was an error in the whole campaign...
That kind of errors were not reported anymore.
It's just a minor glitch, IMO.
Lehnardtsson

Post by Lehnardtsson »

I mean all the other scenarios are historical and this one is the only exception? or should we understand that all of them are rather fun than historical?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

The GC follows the course of war through a more accurate perspective than the original PzC campaign.
Lehnardtsson

Post by Lehnardtsson »

Hello,

I am thinking of buying the new DLC.
Does this problems has been solved or is it something still existing?
R35

Post by R35 »

I think brushed under the carpet is the way to put it. There are no Wroclow, Legnica and Zielona Gora anymore. Instead you now assault two Polish Checkpoint (the graphics of fortifications is used) and one Rail Station (the graphic is that of a port). I think the rest (unit disposition and other locations) are largely the same as they were so, unless I`m missing something, it went from the Germans attacking Wroclaw/Breslau in 1939 to there not being a Breslau were it should be. Much easier to overlook, right?

Anyway, don`t worry, Romania is still attacking Yugoslavia in the 1941 Belgrade scenario (the goal being to transport the Romanian officers to Belgrade) and the Romanians at Stalingrad are still Italians.
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 8&p=290117
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 19#p303219
R35

Post by R35 »

Hi! I thought to post here, that Niki has released a mod at the Slitherine forums that edits the DLC Grand Campaign scenario files to address some of the issues reported and one of the things done is a new and more correct map for the Poznan scenario:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 78#p595078
The mod does not introduce new units or other changes apart from the scenarios themselves so it`s more like a patch for the original content than a mod. Worth checking it out.

You can find the links here:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=69744

Return to “Panzer Corps”