Pentagon [CLOSED]

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

hadley

RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]

Post by hadley »

I put the turn to hatemf90 in the dropbox on the afternoon of May 6th. I posted it in the forum and e-mailed him twice. Hopefully everything is alright...

~ Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

Greetings, All!

I took the liberty of compiling our e-mails into a PDF document. It should be in your dropbox. Hopefully this helps to improve our communication and speeds up the game a bit.

Happy Hunting! ~ Doug

P.S. ~ Thanks for the help, Phil!
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Absent any communication from the player about RL issues, how long do we wait before a restart or finding a replacement?
Phil
aka SailingGuy

To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
hadley

Post by hadley »

My two cents worth...

When I began AT it was explained to me that the house rules were that you complete a turn within 48 hours, unless you notify the game otherwise. Without notification, I vote for finding a replacement after five days. Under this guideline, the game gives the player 150% of the doubt. That would be at 5:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, May 11th. I'm willing to concede that my subconscious reasoning may have more to do with the fact that tomorrow would be five days, rather than the five day argument itself. (i.e. ~ Let's get the game moving, again!)

I'm currently in four different games. The last time that a turn was played in any of them was 18 1/2 hours ago. Prior to that, 3 days, 6 hours, 44 minutes ago. Kind of disappointing. I know that this is just a game and that life happens, but every evening that I come home and don't have a turn to play is another evening that I have no other alternative but to spend time with my wife! Come on guys, help me out! [:D]

Happy Hunting! ~ Doug
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Looks like we are back on track. Turn to Hadley.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
hadley

Post by hadley »

Sorry. Forgot to post yesterday. Turn to Hatem.

Doug
aka hadley
hadley

Post by hadley »

Over a week since turn was forwarded to Hatem. This is the second turn in a row that he has done this. You out there Hatem? [:(]

~ Doug
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

His last post 5-22. His last logon 5-23.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

Sorry ive taken so long guys Il be paying more attention to the turns now...
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
hadley

Post by hadley »

Turn to Hatem!

~ Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

Turn to SailingGuy! [:)]
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

turn to iron.

was really unlucky with my starting position[:'(] explored 3 islands and still not cities...
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

A one city start can be a lottery. Plus its hard to imagine a world in which they have planes, Tanks, Rail Network, Ocean going vessels, etc but they don't know what's two miles of there coast line. And of course, that you would have to discover cities of the same nationality is kinda ridiculous.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

hadley

Post by hadley »

Turn to Hatem!
hadley

Post by hadley »

Greetings, All!

Hey, just wanted to drop you all a line and apologize for opening my last turn twice. I'm running ATG in windows, but on an older MacBook with a partitioned HD using a program called Boot Camp. For some reason, ATG occasionally locks up my computer mid-turn. I get a message that starts, "ATG has unexpectedly shut down..." It's happened about three times in multiplayer games. It happens more often in local games, usually when the AI is taking their turn. Besides purchasing a PC, anyone have any helpful ideas? Fortunately, it was a simple turn with no one at war, so it was easy to duplicate; however, in a more complicated situation, this would annoy me, if I were you. I'm doing my best to remedy the situation. Since ATG isn't the only program that this has happened to, I've e-mail Apple tech support ($50 fee!) and asked for help on the forums. (Most want to blame windows for the trouble. Crazy Mac lovers...) If it persist, I'll gladly turn my game and password over to another player if need be. Again, my apologies!

Happy Hunting... Except for New Union and the States... [:)] ~ hadley aka Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

Turn to Hatem!

~ hadley
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Sadly never used a mac :( I have no idea what could cause that.
hadley

Post by hadley »

Hello!

If for no other reason than to keep things straight in my own head, I took the liberty of updating the enemies list in dropbox to include who's who. Helps sometimes to know who you are messaging / attacking / begging for mercy... You all are way smarter than me and probably already know this by heart, or maybe don't care in the first place, but just in case, here it is:

Kraftwerk ~ New Union
SailingGuy ~ Charlemagne
hadley ~ The Soviets
hatemf90 ~ Peoples Republic
ironduke1955 ~ The States

Did I make any mistakes? Happy Hunting!!! ~ Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

Hey, guys!

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it appears to me that Ironduke1955 was passed over on this last round. Looks like it went from "to Hate 13d" to "to Kraft 14a". Anyone remember seeing a "to Iron 13e"? I caught it because Hatem commented in another forum that Ironduke1955 had not logged on in almost a month. Has anyone heard from him? Perhaps I'm just totally missing something? [:)]

Happy Hunting! ~ Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

Hi, again!

Just checked my e-mail and see that Ironduke1955, Tom, acknowledges that it is his turn and comments that he's had a busy schedule. Didn't indicate that he wasn't continuing with the game. If my earlier post was correct about his turn being skipped, let's try and get it fixed before he shows up to play! How do we do that?

Happy Hunting! ~ Doug

Return to “Opponents Wanted”