WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

floydg

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.1 Available!

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

BTW I see that we now have an alert for packed and unpacked LCUs but do we now also have an alert for LCUs(AG would be great too) unloaded from TFs?

That's a bit harder, since I'd have to check every ship that has the LCU loaded on it to see if it unloaded. Or I can just alert fragment-by-fragment. Either way, it's not clean. Unless you have a suggestion...
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

Guys, I have always been amazed by the work and attention you put into this for us all. So take my next comment in the right spirit please...

The ship tracker just introduced....

1. Not sure how useful it is as it shows your own ships, singly. I hope I can recall where my own ships are and pretty closely where they have been - inso far as that matters.
2. Its massively clunky as when I select a ship I then have to scroll around the map to find it..... which assumes I know where it is in the first place
3. What someone in my HQ would be doing in real life is tracking the sightings and engagements with an enemy ship and using that to show the area it is operating in and possibly predict where its going and what its up to..... this info is in the combat reports so its available, but a bit of a pain to find as the sole commanders of every rust bucket and bean shipment in the theatre....

I may be missing something as to the usefulness of seeing my own ships manoeuvres..... I am sure if I am I will be educated pretty fast by others on the forum.

Is there any chance we can have the ability to look for known sightings of an enemy ship? The info exists.... its not affecting game security - its just reducing the number of brain cells I need to deploy.

Roger

Good ideas.

I could track TF's as well, since that's how I store where each ship is.
Forcing the scroll is a nice idea, which I should be able to easily add.
Tracking enemy ship movement may be a bit more tricky, but certainly a better use for the map...

Floyd
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Well currently I 'know' where any nasty enemy ship is from the combat report which gives me a date and coordinates. I can therefore begin to see patterns. One of my opponents has learned not to be so predictable now.....

So the info is there, its how you would 'mine' it and be able to then depict it graphically. I'm doing it but not graphically - as you say the map is a cool way to do it if you can.

A similar issue is the LCU one, I have sigint in Tracker, but there's a mass of other location specific information from combat reports etc etc. At present Tracker doesn't use this whilst in reality the sigint would be added to the other intel reports to build up a better picture of the enemy - this would actually help the dark side more who for some reason reckon their sigint is not worth the paper its written on.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

ORIGINAL: floydg

BTW I see that we now have an alert for packed and unpacked LCUs but do we now also have an alert for LCUs(AG would be great too) unloaded from TFs?

That's a bit harder, since I'd have to check every ship that has the LCU loaded on it to see if it unloaded. Or I can just alert fragment-by-fragment. Either way, it's not clean. Unless you have a suggestion...

Not sure how it now works but aren't the locations of all LCUs compared with the previous turn to see if a unit moved?
Maybe here could be done something similar, in the game the LCUs on ships are listed with location "TF X" so maybe those could be checked and an alert could be given if that changes to none TF location(or if it disappears it could indicate a LCU destroyed on sea), alert like "Y unloading started at Z".
I don't mind if the alert triggers with the first piece just unloaded, that would give the player a chance to set a mod if the unit should stay at that location, if it should move especially by strategic movement an alert if a unit has finished unloading(again by comparing and recognizing that the LCU or a split part of it isn't on any TF anymore but on land) would also by useful as the players usually want to move the complete unit and not a part of it.
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Running 15 turns just fine, now this:

It means that the previous save and the new save have a different number of bases. That's not supposed to happen.

Something was corrupted either in the database or the save file. Assuming the pwsdll.dll file didn't change and there was no database update between turns and you chose a save from the same scenario, I'm not sure what it could be... [&:]
All baeses waren't attached to a region anymore. So I wanted to add them new and found out that the regions folder was empty! It noe works - though I didn't have the chance to try it with a new turn, yet - but It shows me every single LCU that is in game as "arrived" or "delayed xxx turns"
Very annoying!

Any clue?
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
FeurerKrieg

Post by FeurerKrieg »

+1 for enemy ship/LCU tracking on the map.
Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
floydg

Post by floydg »

Running 15 turns just fine, now this:

It means that the previous save and the new save have a different number of bases. That's not supposed to happen.

Something was corrupted either in the database or the save file. Assuming the pwsdll.dll file didn't change and there was no database update between turns and you chose a save from the same scenario, I'm not sure what it could be... [&:]
All baeses waren't attached to a region anymore. So I wanted to add them new and found out that the regions folder was empty! It noe works - though I didn't have the chance to try it with a new turn, yet - but It shows me every single LCU that is in game as "arrived" or "delayed xxx turns"
Very annoying!

Any clue?

I think the older turn was not completely loaded and it must have wiped out all of your LCUs and then when you read the new turn, all of them showed back up, and since all were "new", you got an alert for every LCU.

On the plus side, it shouldn't happen again... [:D]
DRF99

Post by DRF99 »

Hi,

I'm playing the Babes-lite as JPN against the AI; using Tracker 1.9.1 of course.

Under alerts I just got the following message that has me stumped:
LCU IJA China-Type/Mtn Brigade TOE upgraded Information

It looks like a TOE upgrade but how do I track down the units that are IJA China-Type/Mtn Brigade

Thanks in advance,
DRF [&o]
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: DRF99

Hi,

I'm playing the Babes-lite as JPN against the AI; using Tracker 1.9.1 of course.

Under alerts I just got the following message that has me stumped:
LCU IJA China-Type/Mtn Brigade TOE upgraded Information

It looks like a TOE upgrade but how do I track down the units that are IJA China-Type/Mtn Brigade

Thanks in advance,
DRF [&o]

Looks like it's not easy. If you see the "TOE Up" column in the LCU Panel, you'll know when a unit's TOE gets upgraded.

I suppose I could add some window that shows the units using a TOE and/or show a TOE column in the LCU Panel... thoughts?
floydg

Post by floydg »

Not sure how it now works but aren't the locations of all LCUs compared with the previous turn to see if a unit moved?
Maybe here could be done something similar, in the game the LCUs on ships are listed with location "TF X" so maybe those could be checked and an alert could be given if that changes to none TF location(or if it disappears it could indicate a LCU destroyed on sea), alert like "Y unloading started at Z".
I don't mind if the alert triggers with the first piece just unloaded, that would give the player a chance to set a mod if the unit should stay at that location, if it should move especially by strategic movement an alert if a unit has finished unloading(again by comparing and recognizing that the LCU or a split part of it isn't on any TF anymore but on land) would also by useful as the players usually want to move the complete unit and not a part of it.

So what happens when part of an LCU is unloaded at base X and the other part at base Y? I'd only generate the "unloaded" when the LCU fragments are no longer on any ship. I think it's complicated and because it requires checking more than just a single LCU's state, it eats up processing time.

And I did try to implement an alert when an LCU was wiped out when a ship sunk, but I didn't have any example to test it on...
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Ok different approach, how about giving an alert when Transport and Air Transport TFs hit their destination hex?
Currently I see that the tracker shows location and destination so I guess an alert when both match is possible(similar to the "LCU arrived at destination" alert), good thing would be that it doesn't matter if 1, 10 or 100 LCU or AGs or even a mixture arrive, the tracker just gives an alert for the 2 TF types and the player knows that he has to check out what this TF is unloading and the tracker hasn't any hassle with split units or anything like that.
I guess Transport and Air Transport should be enough and are the usual method for players to transport LCUs & AGs, maybe Fast Transport & Sub Transport should be covered too but usually those are very special and used in the combat area that the player should always have an eye on.
DRF99

Post by DRF99 »

Looks like it's not easy. If you see the "TOE Up" column in the LCU Panel, you'll know when a unit's TOE gets upgraded.

I suppose I could add some window that shows the units using a TOE and/or show a TOE column in the LCU Panel... thoughts?

When I look at the LCU panel the earliest TOE Up is 376 days. I recall checking a few turns ago and it was similar. I've never seen text like, Type/Mtn Brigade before either. It looks like LCUs are categorized in some way internally. Perhaps if the LCU panel had an indicator for units that have upgraded or maybe something in the Alerts panel on a per unit basis.

The Ship Upgrade panel is also very useful. Could something similar be done for LCU's?

I'm just throwing out ideas. No idea was is possible or difficult, or not.

DRF

(First try trying to embed a picture. Hope it works. )

Attachments
Tracker.gif
Tracker.gif (192.94 KiB) Viewed 77 times
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: DRF99

When I look at the LCU panel the earliest TOE Up is 376 days. I recall checking a few turns ago and it was similar. I've never seen text like, Type/Mtn Brigade before either. It looks like LCUs are categorized in some way internally. Perhaps if the LCU panel had an indicator for units that have upgraded or maybe something in the Alerts panel on a per unit basis.

The Ship Upgrade panel is also very useful. Could something similar be done for LCU's?

I'm just throwing out ideas. No idea was is possible or difficult, or not.

DRF

(First try trying to embed a picture. Hope it works. )

I believe that all that happened is that the TOE itself upgraded, not any LCU's based on that TOE. You can see the TOE in the Formations tab.

I added a column in the LCU tab to show the TOE of that LCU, which could help. I'll also look at adding some LCU list in the Formations tab so you can go either way.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

I recall having something similar and indeed just the TOE upgraded not the TOE of a specific unit.

@floydg
As I see the screenshot this reminds me of an old request, any chance you could show the specific type of HQ in the list? Maybe with command range?
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

I just downloaded 1.9.1 and got the error message seen in the screenshot below. I'm assuming it means I have to copy the java.exe file into the Tracker folder like I believe I did when I had 1.8. However, when I searched for the java.exe file, I got a ton of java files, but none clearly saying "java.exe". Based on the screenshot in the next post, can anyone tell me which of the files it is? Thanks.

Attachments
ForumPost11.jpg
ForumPost11.jpg (76.87 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Here's the list of java files I got when I searched for java.exe. Does anyone know which of these I want?

Attachments
ForumPost10.jpg
ForumPost10.jpg (146.57 KiB) Viewed 77 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

The one you want to copy to your Tracker folder is probably the 32-bit one but if that one doesn't work try the other one.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: see next post below

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (143.86 KiB) Viewed 77 times
How much does one of those female sex robots cost? I'm asking for a friend.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what I'm using for Tracker:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (66.84 KiB) Viewed 77 times
How much does one of those female sex robots cost? I'm asking for a friend.
floydg

Post by floydg »

Just be careful: the program does not work with JRE 7 (1.7.0_x).
VSWG

Post by VSWG »

Would it be possible to add the total assault value in the Bases' "Basic History" screen?

Thanks for your never-ending efforts! [&o]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”