PBEM: noel60 vs. nemesszili

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

nemesszili

PBEM: noel60 vs. nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Ze Führer is delighted. The Reich has annexed Western Poland, Denmark, TLC and occupied France in Wi '40. Japan has taken 2 Chinese provinces, but still avoids going inland. Chinese infrastructure is heavily bombed.

The US watches these developments closely and advises Britain to take necessary measures to defend the Isles. The sleeping bear has just fought the Winter War and annexed the Baltic, Eastern Poland and Bessarabia.

More updates soon (maybe screenshots too).

Quoting Pink Floyd on the forums: "Hello! Is there anybody out there?"...
nemesszili

RE: PBEM: noel60 vs. nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Italy joins the Axis and the Regia Nautica moves in the Central Mediterranean. Germany repairs damaged infrastructure in France and weighs her options...

Japan tries to bomb a Chinese factory, but loses a CAG in process. It looks like the US has embargoed me too soon, probably didn't pay enough attention to the events screen. Better luck next time...

SS about the current situation in Europe.

Please post if you are following this thread. I'm not a pro, my only intention is to liven up a bit the forums and to have fun while playing this match. Anyone else interested in playing against me?

Attachments
Europe1940.jpg
Europe1940.jpg (163.7 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Bjering

Post by Bjering »

I am reading it, nice with some action here in the AAR section again! Reading AARs is second best thing to playing!
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I'm suscribed to the World at War AWD forum so every post ends in my e-mail.
Nice to see a new AAR after so long [8D]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Shellshock

Post by Shellshock »

Yup. Nice to see life (and a AAR) here again. [8D]
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yeah sure happy to see some action in this quite section of the forum, some games are good but seem to be "forgotten" which is ashame really. So yeah nice to see a new AAR. [&o]

@Shellshock; that's some cool avatar you have there [:D]
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Rommel rolls into Alexandria (after suffering heavy losses), thus the RN in the Eastern Mediterranean is cut off. The Italian Fleet destroys the whole British fleet there at the cost of 1 destroyer damaged. [8D]

Mussolini is also very pleased with the performance of Italian sailors. He is also very keen to finally see his land forces in action, so some units in Istria receive orders to engage the Yugos. In the end, Germany had to intervene and solve the crisis by rolling through the country with no losses. Actually this was a mistake of mine - I hit Yugo BEFORE it turned Pro-Allied so no minor Axis joining me next turn. Still, I'm hoping for Antonescu to join the cause... it looks very promising... really...[8|]

Japan just bombs some targets of opportunity: a resource center and a lone militia in Changsha. Hirohito is outraged by the US embargo[:@]; he orders the navy to be modernized and expanded in the next 24 months.

A very fun turn and a very educational one, too...[:)]

Attachments
EuropeSummer1940.jpg
EuropeSummer1940.jpg (116.63 KiB) Viewed 440 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Quiet turn. Germany seizes Trans-Jordan and prepares to liberate Iraq. Greece is invaded, so that Bulgaria could join up. They did, but unfortunately my amphibious invasion of Greece has failed because of an autohit [:@]... Doesn't matter.

Japan bombs another resource - no other units were harmed in this process. Too bad. Some shuffling around and preparing for East, Wind and Rain...

Intel also suggests, that the Soviets are massing their men to the east; lots of armor and arty is built too. The more they build, the more they have to repair[:D]...

nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Summer 1941

Barb kicked off. German and Romanian troops cross the border into the mighty Soviet Union, take the Baltics, Eastern Poland, Kiev, Odessa and Kharkov by a powerful panzer thrust. Byelorussia has been heavily fortified, expecting counterattacks...

Attachments
BarbWest.jpg
BarbWest.jpg (106.62 KiB) Viewed 440 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

The mighty Japanese Empire has been once again embargoed by the imperialist US, so they should expect an aggressive response from us.

Japanese troops garrisoned in Manchuria capture Vladivostok, Irkutsk and Eastern Mongolia. Let's see how can the Russian bear hold out on two fronts...

Attachments
BarbEast.jpg
BarbEast.jpg (83.85 KiB) Viewed 440 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Things are generally going good for the Axis. German forces in the East are ready to make the Soviets really suffer. U-boots strike in the Atlantic with mixed results. Beware, Allied shipping!

After Pearl Harbor, the Japs are consolidating: they take control of Java and close in on Port Moresby. The Chinese are in a really threatening position: I really wonder how, when and where will they attack me (I'm serious: they've recently taken Kunming and Peking... lots of resources lost [:(]).

This game is going REALLY interesting... expect SS at the end of 1942...
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Germany arrives at the crossroads: take Moscow or take out the Urals? The Soviets have been heavily beaten in the previous period (but so were the Japanese...), so I end up with capturing the Northern Urals (taking a factory and taking out some 15 supplies, which would have been definitely used in the next Winter turn...) and building up a strong force in Kirov. Wonder what the Soviets will do next turn...[&:]

Other developments: the treacherous Allies land in Morocco, troops moved in the zone. They also take Afghanistan and Norway; many possibilities for countering the Axis, I must admit!
Eagle Day, tried to clear the skies over England, but did not succeed. U-boots hit the Atlantic, sink some shipping...[8D]

The Japanese just shuffle around, strike the Allies at Guadalcanal (1 Battleship damaged, 1 Battleship destroyed), the Chinese at Peking (BANZAI![:D]) and prepare for defense in Indochina... this is definitely going to be rough!

SS shows current situation in Europe. Circled stuff really matters (especially in Moscow [;)])!

Attachments
Europe1942.jpg
Europe1942.jpg (129.42 KiB) Viewed 442 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

This is getting really serious.[X(]

First, the bad news: the Allies have taken Northern Persia, landed in Murmansk to resupply their brothers in arms, engaged our shipping in the Baltic with 3ev 3tp subs (argh[:@]) and even entered the Mediterranean with their subs. Just... too annoying.

Now the good news: "there are no more bad news." (Herr Flick, 'Allo 'Allo). OK, at least the Vichy garrison in Algeria managed to eliminate the Allied beachhead in Morocco, my fighters successfully engage the British ones in Norway and redeploy in France. My U-boots hit Allied shipping again, sink some vital trannies. On the Eastern Front, Armeegruppe Nord and Mitte unite in Kazan after retreating from the Northern Urals and taking Archangelsk to deny access to the Western Allies. The Luftwaffe shoots down some Red pilots, and my bombers successfully hit their factories in the Central Urals. No extra supplies for you, commies! [:-] These maneuvers will be vital for Germany, I believe...[:'(]

And in the Pacific: the Soviets, even though they run dangerously low on supplies, take Irkutsk and threaten Vladivostok. The Allies evacuate Borneo and do nothing else. Firstly, I retake Peking, Borneo and shuffle my troops around. I even try to land in Australia, but the attempt badly fails. Too bad. [:(]

I really hope I can reach the first watermark very soon! (Moscow and Australia in sight! - New Zealand is threatened by my air power, btw - 2 VPs )

SS of Europe:

Attachments
Europe 1943.jpg
Europe 1943.jpg (125.4 KiB) Viewed 442 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

SS of the Pacific:

Attachments
Pacific1943.jpg
Pacific1943.jpg (93.48 KiB) Viewed 442 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

The "Deutsche Wochenschau" reports about the greatest (yet!) land battle of the war. Rommel proposes "Unternehmen Markt Garten": the Luftwaffe would first clear the sky of Soviet airplanes, then a Fallschirmjager division would be dropped behind enemy lines to take out the industrial heart of the enemy; then, using blitz tactics, all German forces would participate in an all-out attack and reach surrounded paratroopers. The operation turns out to be successful (see battle report below). Ze Führer promotes Rommel to Feldmarschall and is given full command in the East.

Meanwhile in other parts of Europe: U-boots sink some shipping, cut of the Murmansk beachhead, the Horn of Africa is evacuated and Germany prepares for an extensive bombing campaign by the Allies...

In the Pacific, the Japanese try to cut off the Soviets attacking Vladivostok, but they fail and lose 2 infs to autohits by militias... They also engage successfully Allied warplanes in Sumatra.

Big things are going to happen, I can feel it in the air... rest assured, the Soviets won't be part of the New World Order...

Attachments
spring43.jpg
spring43.jpg (137.18 KiB) Viewed 442 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Around Moscow: Unternehmen Taifun was launched (with 63% success rate), but failed to reach its ultimate objective. Meanwhile, the Allies have reinforced Murmansk and launched heavy air raids on Western Germany.

In the Pacific, the Allies finally give their best shot: they sink 2 Japanese carriers, while our CAGs damaged only 1 of theirs. Too bad. The IJA gave an ultimatum to Soviet commanders in Vladivostok to surrender, but they refused. A furious banzai charge left no one alive in the city. +1 VP [:D]

The IJA also tried to land in Sumatra, but failed against two American infantry units (at 71%!). Next time we'll get ya', Yanks!

Getting ready for the most epic year of WW2, 1944... watch closely, fellow fighters...

Attachments
Fall43.jpg
Fall43.jpg (174.23 KiB) Viewed 442 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Schlachtfeld Europa:

Again, bad news come first: the Allies are resupplying the Chinese via the Soviet Union. Weird, but those guys can be a real pain in the arse. The Allied beachhead up north in Murmansk is growing stronger day by day. The RAF and the USAAF is conducting daily raids on German factories...[:(]

And now the good news: Axis forces were successful in eliminating the Moscow pocket with relatively low casualties and reaching the first watermark. Yeehaw! Now it all depends on how long my Axis will survive... hopefully long enough...

The Soviets are also very strong in the Kazakhstan region, their factories are still running at full capacity. The Luftwaffe shoots down the Red Air Force (again...) and hits Allied shipping and air units in the Gulf area. I really hope that I'm as annoying as the Chinese are to the Japanese.[:'(]

And the best part of my turn: Eagle Day! Goering has had enough of those pesky Allied biplanes and ordered a full scale retaliation campaign: Me-262s with elite Heinkel support bomb British airfields. The results are surprisingly good![8D] Ze Führer is also very pleased with their performance.

Meanwhile a daring Vichy infantry division hits the Indians in Trans-Jordan, breaking the Mediterranean cease-fire. Luckily the skirmish ended favorably.[:D]

Allied paras spotted in the Gibraltar area. Strange...

In the Pacific:

Allied subs hit our shipping in the South China Sea, the Chinese occupy Vietnam, Rangoon and Peking. Allied carriers approach the Homeland. IJN subs conduct a small recon in force around Pearl Harbor and locate all 3 carriers of the Allies.

Bets are accepted on how long the Axis can survive in such conditions...

Pic about the OstStellung:

Attachments
standoff.jpg
standoff.jpg (139.36 KiB) Viewed 442 times
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Summer 1944:

Weird. Germany is in a very good position compared to their original situation in 1944, while it's the other way around for the Japanese. Germany just shuffles around, hits Allied airplanes and shipping here and there, torches a Soviet factory in Kazakhstan, reinforces Leningrad and hunts for Soviet partisans. The Allies are definitely up to something in the Mediterranean with their paratroopers and fleets. Wonder what will happen...

And the best part of my turn: US and British airmen refuse to fly over German airspace, as the skies are ruled by the one and only: Me-262! No factories were torched...[8D]

However, the Japanese are deep below, thanks to US submarines... Some combined arms op in Peking, sub hunting in the Yellow Sea and preparing for the inevitable... right, it'll quite tough... but with Germany holding most of the SU and the Mediterranean it'll be very hard for the Allies to kick my butt...[:'(]
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Fall 1944:

The Soviets are KO, Kazakhstan is taken by Rommel's elite OstKorps. The Soviets seem to transport all their men east to ease the Allies' way in Manchuria. No worries, Japanese brothers in arms! Panzers to the rescue![;)]

Meanwhile, the Allied buildup in Murmansk has been effectively countered. I really hope they will turn tail and run home facing such odds... Some Allied shipping has been hit by U-boots and Heinkels.

The IJA falls back to the home islands, as they have only 1 transport available... ready to make the final stand really painful for the Allies...
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Summer '45:

There is a perfectly simple explanation for not updating: the situation is quite static. German and Allied armies face each other at Leningrad and in Afghanistan, while the number of Allied trannies sunk is growing each season. They went under 40 transports...

British and American bombers have restarted their bombing campaign, but unfortunately for them, it must end very soon... they'll see...

The Japanese have retreated to Vladivostok in the East. Ready to take on both Chinese and Soviet armies...

Honshu watches these developments peacefully... the mainland has been surrounded by US subs => no resources...

I'll post a pic at the end of the game. It's in sight... hopefully in Germany's favor. [8D]

Return to “After Action Reports”