Status of this game?

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a 3D turn-based tactical game where players take command of infantry squads to engage the enemy in intense close combat. Although the combat system is turn-based, the game play can be as fast paced and dynamic as you'd like. Dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keep you constantly engaged while still giving you enough time to make important decisions to change the course of battle!

Moderator: nomet

FroBodine

Status of this game?

Post by FroBodine »

Is this game still alive? Is anyone playing it? Are the developers working on the added content, campaign, etc?

I had my eye on this one early on, but it looks like it's dying.
Xerkis

RE: Status of this game?

Post by Xerkis »

I still play it – absolutely. it is an awesome game with a lot of depth and ability to go in to the “what if” (i.e. the Force Builder).
It is very much alive as far as I’m concern.
[:)]

Let me add this link to the Slitherine forum to answer the rest of your question

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=34167
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

So they stopped supporting it?!! I'll keep that in mind when they release other games.
mbar

Post by mbar »

I kind of thought they gave up on TA to focus on the upcoming Paradox games. It nice to see Zeal so up front about it though.

I'll give them that.
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

wow – not sure how you got that they stop supporting TA.
Nowhere does it say anything like that or close to that. It says basically you have to wait a bit longer until these other higher priorities are done first.

If one of your kids asks you for a snack and you say wait a minute doesn’t mean you’re not going to feed them again – just means you are doing something else first and they need to be a bit more patient for their food. But they will still get fed.
;)
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Hi guys. I'll repost myself from the Slitherine forums here too so that the facts remain straight:

(as reply to a post asking about ETA of the upcoming patch)

I apologize that the patch hasn't been released yet.

Apparently our tech resources in the patch production had been moved elsewhere (which I did not know) for the time being because, as you might have noticed, the game didn't sell as good as we were hoping for. We have to focus on out other current projects to secure our own future and they are currently using a lot of our time. We are sorry about this, and I personally am extra sorry for giving you guys false hope about the patch.

We are still aiming at getting the patch out at some point in time and when able do further patching after that as well, adding anything that we have got laying around. But not right now.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
mbar

Post by mbar »

@Xerkis
You can say things in different ways. The glass is half full or half empty. [8D]

Either way we'll see what happens with TA when Zeal gets time and resources. It's hard to predict the future.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL:

If one of your kids asks you for a snack and you say wait a minute doesn’t mean you’re not going to feed them again – just means you are doing something else first and they need to be a bit more patient for their food. But they will still get fed.
;)

Using this analogy: It is like my kid having an uncooked meal on the dinner table, but the chef is to busy cooking new meals to heat it up.[;)]
Do what you gotta do Zeal, but first impressions are hard to correct. Good luck.
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

You are 100% correct mbar.

And the half full part of it is that right now I can fire up TA and play as many skirmishes as I want to with zero issues coming up. So what “patch” do we truly need that players say that Zeal isn’t supposedly supporting the game over?

I would like the Map Editor back – that would be the only one I can think of without digging deep to come up with something. But other than that – I can’t see why all of a sudden “the sky is fallen” talk should start.

But like I said – you are right, let’s see what will happen.
And although you might not be able to “predict” the future, when you wake up and there isn’t a cloud anywhere to be seen you can get a good idea that the day will be sunny. So my point is we don’t need to start doom and gloom talk when there isn’t even a cloud on the horizon.
[:)] 
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I think we got our money's worth for the state of the current game. I hope Xerkis gets us a few more teams to play with in the meantime (hint, hint).

As far as Zeal coming back to the game, we should not hold our collective breaths. If it didn't sell well, why would they devote precious resources to it in six months? Unless they do a major re-release/expansion sort of thing, which I hope is the case. Could be worse!
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I think we got our money's worth for the state of the current game. I hope Xerkis gets us a few more teams to play with in the meantime (hint, hint).
Hhmmmm…. Long weekend coming up
Maybe a new map too
[;)]
DerGrenadier

Post by DerGrenadier »

ORIGINAL: Laxen

as you might have noticed, the game didn't sell as good as we were hoping for.

Somehow this doesnt surprise me.
[center]Image
[center]

gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Doesn't surprise me either. It was a major disappointment for me. Win some, lose some. I hope they learn and do better next time.
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

The game stinks,look at tghe screenshots,get APOS
wodin

Post by wodin »

APOS is a dream and an overlooked classic. TA was amateur. I was a beta tester and after my first go I never bothered again. If it hasn't sold they the developers can't keep supporting it, simple.

I admire Xerkis enthusiasm for the game, infact for awhile I thought he was something todo with the developers ;).However it's really a pretty mediocre title and a budget release at best. Budget releases that don't sell well don't get long term support. It isn't viable for a small developer at all.

It could have been so much more but I have a feeling what they wanted to make was abit beyond their abilities. Still as long as they have learnt things along the way thats what matters.

Didn't realise they were making the dwarf game. Once that hits the shelves support for TA will be finished. The dwarf game looks alot more polished on the graphic front, miles ahead. I hope it's a success though many will expect a DF type game and I think thats where the battle will be again, high expectations of what they think the game should be like outweighing actual game.
DerGrenadier

Post by DerGrenadier »

Same here. I bought it and after 10 minutes I put it aside. I gave it another shoot a couple of days later but again I put it aside after a couple of turns. I thought this would be something in the league of CMBN or APOS as it was advertised as being realistic. But as I saw the crappy graphics and the bad animations I knew there went my hard earned money down the drain.
[center]Image
[center]

Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

At least you didn't buy Gettysburg: Armored Warfare. I didn't either, but TA is a good diversion.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Another issue with TA being supported is that they are now under Paradox's wing. I really doubt Paradox will want them making patches for a game thats not in their stable but a rivals. Also check out the quality of the dwarf game, obviously Paradox are putting a fair amount of effort and help to the development team so again it's very unlikely they will want to rock the boat.

I think they will let TA fade away into obscurity. Xerkis one day will loose his sunny optimistic disposition and smell the coffee as they say;)
xplay.biz

Post by xplay.biz »

I continue to play it.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I think TA is an excellent game and I enjoy playing it quite a bit. There are a few things suggested in the Slitherine forum plus the map editor and I think that will be it once they get here. There really won't be anything to add after that. But we're still waiting and still waiting.

Return to “Team Assault: Baptism of Fire”