Shader 2.0

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Greywulf

Shader 2.0

Post by Greywulf »

With this fix for us with only 2.0 shader support I noticed on my machine that there are no buildings or trees displayed. The map otherwise is OK chits, information and other terrain. Anybody have any idea about a fix for this? I've played around with lower graphic etc in the settings with no change. Thanks
junk2drive

RE: Shader 2.0

Post by junk2drive »

After installing the 1.2 update, there is a Shader 2.0 shortcut added to your Windows Start menu. Start the game with that shortcut and see what happens.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Greywulf

Post by Greywulf »

I already installed the 1.2 update and have been starting up the game frome the 2.0 shader in the windows start up menu shortcuts.The graphics all seem to be there except the houses and trees...[&:]There are other games on my computer that are more demanding on graphics and I don't have issues with those games.It seems like a game glitch in the program to me.Thanks
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

There is a hotkey to turn off terrain, T

Maybe you turned them off at some point?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Greywulf

Post by Greywulf »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

There is a hotkey to turn off terrain, T

Maybe you turned them off at some point?

I wish it was that simple.I knew about that key a long time ago.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Trees might be a separate issue with cards that don't support DirectX9.0c; the trees use an instancing technique that may not work on 9.0 cards regardless of shader support.

I'm not sure why buildings wouldn't show on your card when units would. Buildings and units use the same file formats and basically the same display techniques.

We had one issue during beta testing in which a user could see units but not buildings. It turns out we had a localization problem. He was running in a localization mode that didn't parse "." as a decimal point and so his buildings were displaying much larger than they ought to have been. I fixed this problem and he was able to load the buildings and see them properly. I mention all this as it's the only issue we've seen that is similar to what you are reporting. Do you, by chance, have localization settings on your machine that might cause the game to interpret "." as something other than a decimal point? Would you mind posting your DxDiag file?

As an aside, though there are other games that are more demanding on graphics in terms of quantity of graphics, COH uses most all of the same sorts of video card features that graphics-filled first person shooters use, and in fact may use some techniques -- like instancing -- that most first person shooter type games do not.
Greywulf

Post by Greywulf »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Trees might be a separate issue with cards that don't support DirectX9.0c; the trees use an instancing technique that may not work on 9.0 cards regardless of shader support.

I'm not sure why buildings wouldn't show on your card when units would. Buildings and units use the same file formats and basically the same display techniques.

We had one issue during beta testing in which a user could see units but not buildings. It turns out we had a localization problem. He was running in a localization mode that didn't parse "." as a decimal point and so his buildings were displaying much larger than they ought to have been. I fixed this problem and he was able to load the buildings and see them properly. I mention all this as it's the only issue we've seen that is similar to what you are reporting. Do you, by chance, have localization settings on your machine that might cause the game to interpret "." as something other than a decimal point? Would you mind posting your DxDiag file?

As an aside, though there are other games that are more demanding on graphics in terms of quantity of graphics, COH uses most all of the same sorts of video card features that graphics-filled first person shooters use, and in fact may use some techniques -- like instancing -- that most first person shooter type games do not.
localization problem

Thanks for the reply.

localization problem...what is that? I don't want,nor feel I should post DxDiag.All I know is that I play more demanding video games and do not have a problem with them. Do not know why houses and trees do not show up on map.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Greywulf,

Without a DxDiag, we can't see exactly what hardware you have and whether your drivers are up to date. Given the nature of the issue, without that information we really can't take any further steps.

Localization = different language/regional settings.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Greywulf

Post by Greywulf »

Anyone out there using 2.0 shader on their video card and the downloaded shader fix for the game able to see houses and trees on the maps?

Return to “Tech Support”