User created scenarios

Post new mods and scenarios here.
general_solomon

User created scenarios

Post by general_solomon »

Come guys where are the user created scenarios??? Anyone working on any mods???
Missouri_Rebel

RE: User created scenarios

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I have a mod ready that replaces the Unit Info Panel graphics to Counters instead.

Need a place to upload it though. And I have just about figured out how to make maps from Google Earth. Never been good at scenario creation though.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Get a free Dropbox account. Place a zip file in the Public folder. Right click and select "copy link" then paste the link in a forum post.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Thanks. It was actually small enough to opst on the forum. Not sure if that is against the rules but I'm sure they'll let me know if it is.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Should be ok as far as posting mods in the mods forum, except that it is artwork from the beta.

When you finish your map, it may be too big for the forum limit.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
general_solomon

I think there should be a place for both maps for those that not interested in creating a scenario and a scenario section. a repository of some kind.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

If user-created firefights become prominent we'd like to find a way to centralize all this information, guarantee there won't be any naming-collisions among user-created content, and perhaps make it easy to download and install user-created content from within the game. It might also be nice to allow a voting system to allow users to rate custom firefights.

To avoid naming collisions, it might make sense to append your user name or something similar to your map and scenario files, especially if they would otherwise use names that others might think to use, such as "TheVillage" or similar.
Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z »

In case it is helpful, we do have a wiki, with the editor instructions duplicated along with the screenshots:

http://cohwiki.slitherine.com/index.php ... pers_guide

We hope to add even more details very soon.
general_solomon

the wiki looks really good, didnt even know there was one. all we now need is a couple dedicated creative map makers to churn out tons of maps.

thank to the devs for sharing this editor. I had companies who think an editor will deter folks from buying more of their products. its just the opposite effect.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I am seriously considering getting this but I am still not seeing many user created scenarios or maps. Is the process that complicated or involved . . am I not looking in the right place?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

DD I think this game would appeal to you. The AI has been tough on me so far. Multiplayer is good but requires coordinating the time across time zones and free time. It could use a few more tweaks here and there.

I think the documentation is lacking for map making and has scared off some people that might have created more content. You could read the wiki and see what you think. It looks similar to using DEM maping for elevation and then basic drawing skills for the map.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

DD I think this game would appeal to you. The AI has been tough on me so far. Multiplayer is good but requires coordinating the time across time zones and free time. It could use a few more tweaks here and there.

I think the documentation is lacking for map making and has scared off some people that might have created more content. You could read the wiki and see what you think. It looks similar to using DEM maping for elevation and then basic drawing skills for the map.
Yeah, I saw the Input Maps part of the wiki. Seems to be a much quicker process than the normal point and clicking of hex by hex painting. I'll have to read up on it some more.
Jamm

Post by Jamm »

It's actually pretty easy to set up a map and design a scenario within a couple of hours.
I've posted a few but I have no idea if they were any good or not.
I can post more if they are wanted.

The game is good but cold calling into the mp lobby is hit and miss. Mostly miss, but this can be solved with an message or post.
All games are better against another person, but this AI can still give a challenge.
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I saw the one ASL one you posted and was interested in trying it but that would only be possible if I bought the game. So far I'm leaning against it due to the current inactivity I am seeing since I had plans on trying to run a small tournament game. Not elimination type but a running meta-game with players commanding a company in an ongoing campaign. Good to hear the AI is challenging though.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”