Memory leak?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Bebop Cola

Memory leak?

Post by Bebop Cola »

Seems to be what I assume is a memory leak of some sort in 1.7.0.14. I can load it up and play it just fine for the most part, but the longer the game runs the more likely it crashes with an insufficient memory error.

I didn't run into this problem on 1.7.0.6, so I don't think it's my system(Win 7, 4GB mem). All told, it takes an hour or two for it to bomb, but usually I don't find out until I try to save or load a game. If saving, it corrupts the savegame. If loading, it just bombs out. Seems to happen more quickly if I re-load games more often.

Periodically shutting down the application and restarting seems to help avoid these errors. I've currently got my auto-save set to 10 minutes and alternate manual saves between two save files. that way if one gets corrupt I have a couple options to fall back on to avoid losing too much progress.
Dracus

RE: Memory leak?

Post by Dracus »

the game does have a memory leak and has had one for a while. the only work around is to shut down every few hours and relaunch. But the start up time can be a pain.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

Yeah, I was going to post the same. 1.7.0.14 seems to have a pretty bad memory leak. The last time I played Legends (can't recall the version), it wasn't as bad as it is currently.
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

I wonder if it might be related to music in some way. Since I upgraded to 1.7.0.14 my music is somewhat spotty. Usually I see a problem with music right around the time I get a memory error.

Might be coincidence, but I figured I'd mention it.
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

So, I turned the music all the way down(presumably turning it off) and I didn't have any memory issues this evening. Very limited test, granted, but considering it was fairly well guaranteed to crash before it seems like something to report.

Edit: Strike that. Seems to have just delayed it a bit.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Bebop Cola

So, I turned the music all the way down(presumably turning it off) and I didn't have any memory issues this evening. Very limited test, granted, but considering it was fairly well guaranteed to crash before it seems like something to report.

Edit: Strike that. Seems to have just delayed it a bit.
Just curious BeBop, what is your sound card brand and is it integrated or not? Also, what is
the date of your latest video and sound drivers?
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

I play on a laptop, so audio is integrated. System and drivers are kept up to date, however.

Return to “Tech Support”