AP limit for ai-units

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Krupinski

AP limit for ai-units

Post by Krupinski »

Breakthrough to the Mzensk Pocket

I managed to get one T34 surrounded by 3 of my tanks. I did this after the T34 has moved a few hexes. But then the T34 killed all of my 3 Tanks in the same round. WTF!! A T34 needs 5AP to fire. So this one must have used 15+4 (movement) points. WTF?! The AI wasnt playing a card. No animations was popping off. So did i miss something? Or is the AI cheating? I'm a bit pissed off with those nasty T34! [;)]
Krupinski

RE: AP limit for ai-units

Post by Krupinski »

ORIGINAL: hafer

Breakthrough to the Mzensk Pocket

I managed to get one T34 surrounded by 3 of my tanks. I did this after the T34 has moved a few hexes. But then the T34 killed all of my 3 Tanks in the same round. WTF!! A T34 needs 5AP to fire. So this one must have used 15+4 (movement) points. WTF?! The AI wasnt playing a card. No animations was popping off. So did i miss something? Or is the AI cheating? I'm a bit pissed off with those nasty T34!

Well i managed to win the scenario but i lost nearly all of my tanks and destroyed only one T34. There was one T34 and one KV2 left it think.

Anyway love the game [;)]
Joram

Post by Joram »

Don't forget that the AI has CAPs too.  Even on Normal level they get a bonus to them as well.  You don't see a message if they use CAPs for this purpose so you need to keep track in your head.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

One of the changes Uwe and I talked about making in the fullness of time is a limit on the number of CAPs that can be spent on any one unit. We'd also like to add something like a company structure to the game. Units could be in one company or another, and each company would have its own CAP pool and could spend CAPs only on its own members.
CesarM

Post by CesarM »

That sounds a lot like the multiplayer scenarios on the boardgame. Are there any plans on multiplayer (meaning 3 or 4 players) for the PC game?
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

One of the changes Uwe and I talked about making in the fullness of time is a limit on the number of CAPs that can be spent on any one unit. We'd also like to add something like a company structure to the game. Units could be in one company or another, and each company would have its own CAP pool and could spend CAPs only on its own members.

That sounds like an excellent idea! Much more realistic and less gamey.
Cheers

Jim
JFalk68

Post by JFalk68 »

I like the idea of CAPs belonging to companies, great little tweak to the rules
ORIGINAL: ericbabe

ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: CesarM
That sounds a lot like the multiplayer scenarios on the boardgame. Are there any plans on multiplayer (meaning 3 or 4 players) for the PC game?

It is one of the things that we would very much like to do.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”