The House of CHEATING

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

ULTIMO

RE: The House of CHEATING

Post by ULTIMO »

Ok, I understand.
3-4 saves can be considered ok, but the thread started from a different situation.
In 2 different PBEM games, in which I have v 1.06.06 installed, playing as Axis the 1941 campaign, I got 3 MUD TURNS between July and August 1941.

After the second game, I tried by myself (playing against the AI as the Soviet this time) to force the weather. And I got rewarded, because for half a second at the end of the Soviet turn, I could see the weather choosen for the next turn.

This need a fix.

The other weird thing: I will not tell it here, but I will email to tech support.
One of my current opponent is using it EVERY TURN and IT IS DEVASTATING!
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I tried by myself (playing against the AI as the Soviet this time) to force the weather. And I got rewarded, because for half a second at the end of the Soviet turn, I could see the weather choosen for the next turn.

Protection is only for H2H (PBEM/Server) games. I just tried it and couldn't see it.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

ORIGINAL: Helpless
I tried by myself (playing against the AI as the Soviet this time) to force the weather. And I got rewarded, because for half a second at the end of the Soviet turn, I could see the weather choosen for the next turn.

Protection is only for H2H (PBEM/Server) games. I just tried it and couldn't see it.
erver) games. I just tried it and couldn't see it.

So what is the explanation of the TWICE TRIPLE MUD turns in July-August 1941?
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

So what is the explanation of the TWICE TRIPLE MUD turns in July-August 1941?

This is totally different question. :)

I can guess: bug, bad(good) rolls, lucky reloads, save hacks, moon phases, bad (good) horoscope,etc. There should be a clear way to replicate it. So far I see no way how to get info on the following turn in PBEM. If you know how to do it, please post a step by step instructions.

Pavel Zagzin
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

Ok, I'm gonna buy Holy Water...
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

I don't undertand your objection--surely the problem is the people that don't save, not those that do? After losing several turns to computer crashes, freezes, server outages, etc., I save once or twice every turn at this point--what is the problem with that?

The people who do not save can't reload and cheat. The Tiller HPS games have an option to disallow file save and this is how I play people I do not know.

I would gladly play you PBEM or otherwise without any hesitation because I "know" you, but a random person who I do not know? No way - no pbem as it now stands.

Marquo [:)
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Marquo are you aware that in PzC that a player can edit the OOB file and increase or decrease the value of any unit?

I was a victim of that and was totally unaware it could happen untill advised by Glenn Saunders.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Marquo
The people who do not save can't reload and cheat. The Tiller HPS games have an option to disallow file save and this is how I play people I do not know.

Sorry, I'm still struggling to understand the issue, are you talking only about PBEM or server games?

In server games, once you save, you lock-in the in-game status on the server, and I don't see how cheating is possible with saved games. On the server, my understanding is that cheating is only possible if you play awhile, don't like the result, exit without saving, and then start over. I usually play for a while, save the game (lock in the status at that point, reopen the game, continue to play, save, wash and repeat... Playing for a couple of hours and then losing the turn because of a server problem, computer crash, etc. just sucks!

I only play server games, but mainly for the convenience (no fiddling around with attaching files, etc.) but the cheat protection is also attractive.
jwduquette1

Post by jwduquette1 »

Version your opponent is using is shown in the Supply Phase Event Log (shift-e). As said, I can't get it replicated with the latest version, i.e. weather rolls and art are not shown at the end of the logistics.

If you able to get info on coming weather in PBEM with the latest official (or beta) version. Please send your report to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is similar to what ULTIMO is referring to, but an example of what I think he might mean occurs when the rail road status button is left "ON" when ending a turn. For several seconds while the end of turn calculations and routines are occurring and before the SAVE screen pops-up you can see the status of the enemies RR (those green or red circles over RR-tracks). With RR status it's not such a big deal as you can in essence see the status of the enemies RR's by hovering over a hex with the mouse cursor and looking at the status of the tracks in the hex info pop-up.

With the Random weather cheat that ULTIMO is referring to, do the weather graphics -- those little brown mud dots -- appear on the map during the end of turn calcs and routines -- ala the RR track status button being left in the ON position?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Ok, that's a possible clue. Are you saying that you can see the weather graphics on the map for a few seconds? I think we were focused on the weather indicator at the top right of the screen, and not the weather graphics. Is this the case with recent versions?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Ok, that's a possible clue. Are you saying that you can see the weather graphics on the map for a few seconds? I think we were focused on the weather indicator at the top right of the screen, and not the weather graphics. Is this the case with recent versions?

EXACTLY [&o]
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

Thanks to jwduquette1.

I know my English needs a refresh. His explanation is very clear.

So I dont need Holy Water anymore? [:D]
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I'm not sure if this is similar to what ULTIMO is referring to, but an example of what I think he might mean occurs when the rail road status button is left "ON" when ending a turn. For several seconds while the end of turn calculations and routines are occurring and before the SAVE screen pops-up you can see the status of the enemies RR (those green or red circles over RR-tracks). With RR status it's not such a big deal as you can in essence see the status of the enemies RR's by hovering over a hex with the mouse cursor and looking at the status of the tracks in the hex info pop-up.

With the Random weather cheat that ULTIMO is referring to, do the weather graphics -- those little brown mud dots -- appear on the map during the end of turn calcs and routines -- ala the RR track status button being left in the ON position?

I've tried it and don't see it. Several seconds is way too much to be missed. My PC is not too fast to miss it.
Pavel Zagzin
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Ok, what version are you guys using when you see this bug? Are you sure you are seeing it in PBEM or Server play as that was fixed. It should only show you the weather graphics during the logistics phase when playing the AI.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

I've tried it and don't see it. Several seconds is way too much to be missed. My PC is not too fast to miss it.

That was fixed several patches ago. You used to see it, but not anymore.
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

That was fixed several patches ago. You used to see it, but not anymore.

Exactly.
Pavel Zagzin
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Same here, the weather used to be visible for a few seconds, but not now anymore. ULTIMO, are you really playing with the latest version?
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Yes, Pavel and I both tested it and it is not showing weather in PBEM/server games during logistics, so we don't see a cheat (with the recent versions).
-- Soren Kierkegaard
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

I'm using 1.06.06 and playing PBEM.

As described by jwduquette and understood by Joel, it is possible to see the next turn weather for a millisecond, if you are the Soviet.

To do this, you must position your pc screen upon the weather zone you are interested to cheat and try the procedure several times untill you get the weather you prefer.
Look at the graphic: IF it comes MUD you will see it for a millisecond.
ciao
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

it is possible to see the next turn weather for a millisecond, if you are the Soviet.

[X(] now I may need Holy Water to be able to see millisecond flicker which is probably a microsecond on my PC. [;)]
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Tech Support”