Lunacy on the net, forums, company

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

RE: Lunacy on the net, forums, company

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Staggerwing

Dude...
Registering under two or more names without letting the public know is duplicitous. It also hints at a personality schism. It's better to say upfront when registering a second account that it is for a specific reason such as reviewing games or participating in an RPG or such. Don't be creepy.[:-]

I can't say upfront because the reason in the first place I went on under Alias was I was being harrassed, ask Sigma, there are plenty of forum posts on there all about it at the time. I did ask Sigma if it was OK. Went on as Somme and someone came along to say who I was. Went on again as someone else, was banned. Felt it was unjust, so went on again using my middle names. Now painted out to have personality issues. Hmmm. Funny how for eight or nine years previously no one noticed my mental problems on there. This all started last October when the Wargamer forum changed and someone was going around putting those stupid icons on everyone of my posts saying I was full of sh1t more or less. Also I don't post as a different personality. I post as me using a avatar. Everyone who is using an Avatar you could say if you want is pretending to be someone different. Also I very much doubt I'm the only one who has registered on a forum using two different Avatars for whatever reason.

Lets say everyone knows me as Wodin (by the way thats not me, it's a made up name,an avatar,it isn't my identity but a made up one). Someone starts a new forum with all those people and I sign up using a different Avatar. Is that wrong? No. You can use whatever name you want. I know people who use different names at different forums here. They don't tell you on the forum that they are so and so from another forum.

Again your saying exactly what I expect from any inner circle of a certain crowd. The evidence to it all is online. Not hard to find. God even in a court of law I'd be able to show a paper trail and everyone would go "Oh right, we see why you did it, fair enough".

I have been told and in certain cases found out of certain people in this community who do do quite underhand and sly things to settle online issues. from threats of violence y organisations (yeah mad I know) to smear campaigns so bad that they even go to other people on the net who don't even post on the particular forum but may have standing in a certain community. That, that is disgusting and deserves to be called to account, yet it doesn't, these people aren't banned or publicly humiliated like they've been put in some sort of Internet Stocks. Using a couple of Avatars on a forum and not causing any problems at all with other members to me is nothing in caparison. Yet it seems it deserves to be announced publicly, followed by a ban, then aload of abuse on the forum you've been banned from where you can no longer even reply. Even though as I said it all stemmed really from Wargamer not being able to protect a long term member from harrassment.
Jarhead0331

Post by Jarhead0331 »

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN
Staggerwing
No comment on jarheads arbitrary censorship Staggerwing?;
If that is true then why does he censor the accounts of those who oppose his dogma? No point to debate at wargamer. They dont debate, they smear, censor, delete & make threats.

What in the hell are you talking about you wacko? Slow down, take your meds. If i censored anything that you posted at wargamer, and I can't imagine that I did, because I don't censor anything there, it was only your offensive theories on how the holocaust never happened, 9/11 was caused by the US Government and the wargamer staff is in the pocket of Jewish bankers.

I wonder why they let you run free on any forum, twerp.
de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.
Staggerwing

Post by Staggerwing »

I wasn't talking to you, Slaakperson. I have you on ignore for a reason. I only see you now because of JH's quote. As he says, an antisemite such as yourself brings no gravitas to the discussion. Don't bother replying as I'll not see it directly.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Greetings Lord Keunert. I grant you clemency for voicing dissent at Whoregambler for committing treason by violating their oaths to defend the Constitution. You are most truly a Catcher in the Rye. You may go in peace. [:D]

Oh great SLAAK, you are most wise and forgiving...we bow to your image:

Attachments
The_Green_.._One_Vox.jpg
The_Green_.._One_Vox.jpg (91.58 KiB) Viewed 102 times
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Scott Parrino

Here I thought this thread would be entertaining in finding odd quirks in sites and companies. The Something Awful forums charge $10 bucks to register on their forums and sometimes if someone makes a poor thread, a mod will come in with a "Mod Challenge" and challenge the OP to do something or be banned. How's that for some crazy?

I would want my back in my front pocket.

Staggerwing

I wasn't talking to you, Slaakperson. I have you on ignore for a reason. I only see you now because of JH's quote. As he says, an antisemite such as yourself brings no gravitas to the discussion. Don't bother replying as I'll not see it directly.

Good luck on that, he is impossible to ignore or NOT see.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Feceshead,
What in the hell are you talking about you wacko? Slow down, take your meds. If i censored anything that you posted at wargamer, and I can't imagine that I did, because I don't censor anything there, it was only your offensive theories on how the holocaust never happened, 9/11 was caused by the US Government and the wargamer staff is in the pocket of Jewish bankers.

Unlike yourself, Aaron Russo, God rest his soul, wasnt a liar. He was telling the truth about 911. He had credibility whereas you have none . Zero. Nada. Yes, I did state many times that 911 was caused by British, Israeli & US intelligence operatives & you frothed in protest about it as usual. Thats a historical fact whether you like it or not. In fact as evidenced by the fact that you deleted the topic regarding NDAA, I suspect you condone the 911 attack since you subordinate US security to that of the same Globalist cartel who planned & executed it. Then my account was deleted at the command of Boorstein. No collusion there, nope. Duh. And Im not a so-called, "holocaust denier", Im merely a holocaust redefiner. The holocaust began when your beloved control-freak Soddomite mentor published "The Communist Manifesto" in 1848 resulting in 100+ million deaths. Your gangbanger hubris is a twisted malignancy. Change your Satanic ways. And take this snotty Useful Idiot out the door with you;
Staggerwing
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Oh great SLAAK, you are most wise and forgiving...we bow to your image:
A very inspiring image My Lord Parusski. Thank you so much. [:'(]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Orm

Post by Orm »

Calm down everyone, please.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

ORIGINAL: Jarhead0331
Staggerwing
No comment on jarheads arbitrary censorship Staggerwing?;
If that is true then why does he censor the accounts of those who oppose his dogma? No point to debate at wargamer. They dont debate, they smear, censor, delete & make threats.

All of this comming from a moderator at wargamer.[:-]
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
british exil

Post by british exil »

[&:]
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
british exil

Post by british exil »

ORIGINAL: british exil

I was speechless. Just wondering how some people rant and rave about certain themes, but forget to sit down, take a deep breath, ponder on what they might want to say, take a deep breath, think what they should say, write down what they think, reread, maybe edit then submit the post.

I have often wanted to post angry responses, but after thinking and maybe rereading what I had read, often realize it is not worth it.

Not wanting to attack anyone in the forum, but surely someone who watches over a forum should not pour oil into a burning fire or add salt to a wound???

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
parusski

Post by parusski »

I was speechless. Just wondering how some people rant and rave about certain themes, but forget to sit down, take a deep breath, ponder on what they might want to say, take a deep breath, think what they should say, write down what they think, reread, maybe edit then submit the post.

I have often wanted to post angry responses, but after thinking and maybe rereading what I had read, often realize it is not worth it.

Not wanting to attack anyone in the forum, but surely someone who watches over a forum should not pour oil into a burning fire or add salt to a wound???

Mat

I am confused as usual. Are you referring to SLAAKMAN? Cause he has NO idea what he is saying. He can't help himself, that green skin should be the first signal to you.
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

ORIGINAL: rogo727
All of this comming from a moderator at wargamer.[:-]

Yes, yes it is. He's a moderator that has been consistently attacked and slandered by Slaak (and all his sock puppets) for daring to suggest that Slaak not troll through forums with anti-Semitic comments, or that he should not personally attack other posters for refusing to kowtow to Slaak's line about 9-11 being an inside job. Slaak was finally banned after it was clear that no amount asking Slaak to tone down his out-of-control rhetoric was going to result in a happy conclusion. And although the mods were the ones with the power to ban Slaak, it's not like there were a lot of tears shed for his passing, as a high degree of civility returned to most of the forums for quite some time.

Jarhead was quite polarizing in his pre-moderator days. Once made a moderator, he stayed pretty low profile, and was quite even-handed. But as has been noted elsewhere in this very thread - some people just can't let go of past behavior associated with certain screen names.

It is the height of irony that Jarhead is being indirectly attacked by the same people who feel the need to hide behind sock puppets to distance themselves from their previous poor reputations. Jarhead at least has the cojones to stand up for his past behavior and own it, even if it is not how he would choose to act today. And that's significantly more admirable than hiding behind sock puppets or arguing with oneself through varying screen names.

Rogo - it is unlikely you've ever witnessed Slaak in full flight, and the minor taste above was barely a warm-up for him. There was a lot of bad behavior tolerated at WGer (and much more within the past 6 months than ever should've been). So when someone goes so far overboard that they get the almighty axe of total and permanent banned-ness, you should wonder why, and come to the appropriate conclusion that he was a total detriment to the community, with absolutely nothing positive to offer.

Judge and disparage if you choose. But doing so without a full set of facts may leave you in an awkward position once you understand the history behind the decisions.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
Editorial director ~ www.armchairdragoons.com
Host/Producter ~ Mentioned in Dispatches podcast
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I am not defending anyone. But I have read and followed jarheads posts for sometime, I agree with wodin from his earlier posts that's all. I think mr. Jarhead helped to prove that point .
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
nate25

Post by nate25 »

I wondered how long it would be before "bayonetbrant" jumped in here. [8|] Wish I'd have had a stopwatch on that one.

0 posts, a non-bot moniker, e-mail to another forum . . .

We value the peace we have here. As far as I can tell, you and your little group have done all the attacking here. We seldom get called to the carpet, and it's because we have restraint (most of the time) and respect.

So I'll say it if no one else will: STOP IT. Take it somewhere else.

If you've can contribute to the group, fine. You're welcome here. But if all you're gonna do is smear people, just go.
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
british exil

Post by british exil »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Mat

I am confused as usual. Are you referring to SLAAKMAN? Cause he has NO idea what he is saying. He can't help himself, that green skin should be the first signal to you.

Steiner, do you really think I would be so mad as to accuse SLAAKMAN? That woulde be suicide.[X(]

I just find it inappropriate for members to call other members twerps.
I agree about the right for free speech, but I understand it as the right to convey ones beliefs and convictions. Not to stoop so low as to start a slagging match, slandering etc.

Wodin did point out: I apologise to Jarhead never wanted to upset him, nor to be derogatroy as I said I forgot about a certain person ready to run off and tell him about this thread.

Sorry Jarhead

Normally, this comment would end such a conflict.
I enjoy this forum and it's friendly banter, even if some of the members can't even read or write (Sorry Nate could not resist), why not keep it this way.

Mat

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: nate25

I wondered how long it would be before "bayonetbrant" jumped in here. [8|] Wish I'd have had a stopwatch on that one.

0 posts, a non-bot moniker, e-mail to another forum . . .

We value the peace we have here. As far as I can tell, you and your little group have done all the attacking here. We seldom get called to the carpet, and it's because we have restraint (most of the time) and respect.

If you've can contribute to the group, fine. You're welcome here. But if all you're gonna do is smear people, just go.

Yes, I quiet agree. SLAAKMAN is our problem. We deal with him thus:

Our new visitors can stay home, we like playing with SLAAK and wodin, like this:

bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

It would've registered several days, given that I held fire for a while.
As far as I can tell, you and your little group have done all the attacking here.
Yep, you're right. Wodin didn't tee off on Jarhead before anyone else rode in to help defend him.
You got it. I'm off to GrogHeads and enjoying it.
If you've can contribute to the group, fine. You're welcome here.
Wow. Mighty nice of you to roll out the carpet for someone that used to work with Matrix Games. I greatly appreciate it.
But if all you're gonna do is smear people, just go.

And assume you're making the same offer to those who have been smearing folks, but been doing it here before I showed up?
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
Editorial director ~ www.armchairdragoons.com
Host/Producter ~ Mentioned in Dispatches podcast
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

nate25

Post by nate25 »

Mat

Steiner, do you really think I would be so mad as to accuse SLAAKMAN? That woulde be suicide.[X(]

I just find it inappropriate for members to call other members twerps.
I agree about the right for free speech, but I understand it as the right to convey ones beliefs and convictions. Not to stoop so low as to start a slagging match, slandering etc.

Wodin did point out: I apologise to Jarhead never wanted to upset him, nor to be derogatroy as I said I forgot about a certain person ready to run off and tell him about this thread.

Sorry Jarhead

Normally, this comment would end such a conflict.
I enjoy this forum and it's friendly banter, even if some of the members can't even read or write (Sorry Nate could not resist), why not keep it this way.

Mat

Oh my God, you too!? That W1, I oughta . . . mumble, mumble, mumble . . . [;)]
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
mbar

Post by mbar »

Oh great SLAAK, you are most wise and forgiving...we bow to your image:[/b]

Alright. Who dug up Micheal Jackson?
<thriller! thriller night!>

Return to “General Discussion”