Assault at dialog

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

rickier65

Assault at dialog

Post by rickier65 »

Can anyone confirm whterher the "assault At" time gets updated when a units assault time "slips". The tutorial video shows this updated to match the 'slippage', but I've ran thorugh this several times and the assault at hasn't updated for me. Could I be missing some step?

Thanks
Rick
Arjuna

RE: Assault at dialog

Post by Arjuna »

Do you have a save taken before the slippage that I could step through to see what is going on? If so, zip and email it to me at support[at]panthergames[dot]com and put a link in your email to this thread. Thanks.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Do you have a save taken before the slippage that I could step through to see what is going on? If so, zip and email it to me at support[at]panthergames[dot]com and put a link in your email to this thread. Thanks.

I'll get one for you. -- Done. thanks

Thanks
rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Has anyone else seen this same behavior, where the Assault at Time dialog box doesn't update to the new time when an assault "slips"?

Thanks
Rick
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

The 'HQ' is still at the original start at time... if you examine the sub-units' HQs you will see the slipped time.

Not sure if this is by design, but this is how it seems to work at the moment.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Lieste

The 'HQ' is still at the original start at time... if you examine the sub-units' HQs you will see the slipped time.

Not sure if this is by design, but this is how it seems to work at the moment.

Ok, thanks for confirming this. In the specific situation I had, I don't think I had any sub-HQs, just sub units. I think it must have worked differently when the tutorial was made.

Thanks for checking

Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Arjuna,

Have you had an opportunity to look at this issue yet? Liest seems to confirm that it isn't just my setup.

Thanks
rick
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

ORIGINAL: Rick

Can anyone confirm whterher the "assault At" time gets updated when a units assault time "slips". The tutorial video shows this updated to match the 'slippage', but I've ran thorugh this several times and the assault at hasn't updated for me. Could I be missing some step?

Hey Rick I would ask should this be updated just becasue a unit's assault time slips?

A commander might specify a specific assault at time... that does not mean that all elements will actually meet that time, and just because one or two have trouble meeting it doesn't mean that the time should adjust accordingly, the original time should stand and all of the other involved elements should still try their damndest to meet it.

This is called command friction.

Bil
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

There are a number of factors governing whether or not the Assault At time shouyld be adjusted. First, has the assault started already. If so, then it won't be adjusted even if the assault time is extended. Second, does the force have the authority to change it. If a higher authority has set the assault at time then a subordinate can request but there is no certainty that the superior will agree to slipping it. Third, if other forces participating in the attack have started their assault then you won't be allowed to slip the Assault at even if you can't make it. You will just have to do the best you can. Welcome to war.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

There are a number of factors governing whether or not the Assault At time shouyld be adjusted. First, has the assault started already. If so, then it won't be adjusted even if the assault time is extended. Second, does the force have the authority to change it. If a higher authority has set the assault at time then a subordinate can request but there is no certainty that the superior will agree to slipping it. Third, if other forces participating in the attack have started their assault then you won't be allowed to slip the Assault at even if you can't make it. You will just have to do the best you can. Welcome to war.

Ok, Thanks for the explanations. I did send in a saved game to support couple of weeks ago. I ask because I was following the tutorial but not getting the same updates to the Assault At as was shown in the Tutorial. But perhaps one of the factors you mentioned is the reason.

thanks to all for comments.

Rick

Return to “Command Ops Series”