Finnish Troop "Withdrawing"

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

HITMAN202

Finnish Troop "Withdrawing"

Post by HITMAN202 »

Noticed after taking Leningrad that in the REFIT and READY box some of my units have "WITHDRAWING", to my surprise, show. What does it mean and what do I do ????
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
Denniss

RE: Finnish Troop "Withdrawing"

Post by Denniss »

Units are withdrawn from the front to be sent elsewhere. Typically german units sent to western front/Italy/Africa or foreign troops sent back to their homeland.
If you have kept these units at 50% maxTOE setting 6 turns before withdrawal turn they may now get pumped up to 100% TOE on withdrawal.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
cpt flam

Post by cpt flam »

it tell you withdraw within 4 turns
you'd better put TOE to at least 76
otherwise if they are less they will be laying on west board with TOE 100 on refit [:@]
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

What happens if I don't withdraw them ???? Also I don't understand the importance of the Toes on these withdrawing units.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
hjc

Post by hjc »

You have no choice - if they are withdrawing, they go kapoof at the appointed time. (check the withdrawals and arrivals information screen every turn to get some warning). If you don't want forces to be withdrawn you have to edit the scenario - although that ruins the balance.

Max TOE setting controls what level you want units to be maintained at. It's a way of controlling which units get priority for replacements, but the engine will take over if the TOE is below a set amount for 'withdrawing' units, and automatically assign a maximum TOE to them thereby sending valuable resources to units that you are going to lose anyway. Set them early to 76% to avoid replacements going toward units that will shortly vanish.

Return to “The War Room”