Computer crashed on tutorial

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

armonica

Computer crashed on tutorial

Post by armonica »

After a few minutes of playing the tutorial my computer crashed and now it doesn't even find my graphic card Nvidia 570gtx and cannot load my dual screen configuration.
I uninstalled the game and went back to a previous Windows configuration but no change.
Some of those extra component loaded during the game installation
must have really messed things up. NOT a good start.
Please help.

system spec:
Windows 7 64
RAM 8GB
Nvidia 570gtx
Intel Core i7 CPU
ericbabe

RE: Computer crashed on tutorial

Post by ericbabe »

The extra components are just the XNA and .NET libraries from Microsoft; they are not anything unusual.

Have you tried installing the latest drivers for your video card?

edit: Are you running a SLI configuration? What resolution are you running at?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

This thread actually recommends trying to revert to an older beta driver when your type of video card experiences crashes: http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-card ... times.html
armonica

Post by armonica »

I tried the latest and some of the older drivers without success, right now I am running on 1 screen only at 1280x1024 max resolution ( while normally 1920x1080 I believe).
the 570 gtx is still not recognized (no Nvidia control panel any more).
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Installing .NET and XNA or DirectX should have nothing to do with your video card settings. Those are extra windows libraries and components from Microsoft. We don't touch anything else in the system during installation or uninstallation either.

It seems more likely that the crash was caused by some kind of video card or driver issue and that this then messed those things up further.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

If your card is not being recognized, my guess is that it's not a problem with the game. If you've tried reinstalling the card drivers and cannot see your card when you boot into safe mode, you might be experiencing a video card problem. I can't think of anything in XNA or .NET that would prevent your video card from being recognized by your system.
armonica

Post by armonica »

Yes my 570 gtx got fried, hopefully it will be replaced by Asus as it is less then a year old.
I wonder if it is just an amazing coincidence that it happened as soon as I started playing COH though.....
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Sorry to hear about your card. I lost a video card a couple years ago. It also died just as I was in the middle of a new 3D application. I always suspected that the heat generated from running the application was responsible for that coincidence. My current GPUs get much hotter than my CPU seems to get.

Return to “Tech Support”